Getting Scheduled Mortgage Payments to Show in Budget

Options
I have be mortgage payments set up as a loan and it is regularly scheduled as a manual bill in Bills, Income and Transfers. When the mortgage payment is entered into the register it shows in the Actual column of the budget. However, the future payments are not showing. I am using Windows 10.
Tagged:

Answers

• Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    In your budget, you can turn on reminders. Doing so, shows your reminders as future"actual" costs.   Image.

• pearcebj
    pearcebj Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for trying to help. Unfortunately, Include reminders is already on.
  • Roger M
    Roger M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    With Budget open, select Manage Budget Categories. Then click Detailed loan Payments. Then select the loan that you want included in the budget.

Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription **** Windows 10 Home *** Quicken user since 1996
  • pearcebj
    pearcebj Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for trying to help. The mortgage loan box is checked.
  • pearcebj
    pearcebj Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've been on chat talking to a representative. He says that loan payments work differently than income and other payments. He says that even if scheduled into the future, they won't show up in the budget "total" column until actually paid. This is odd since you can't get a complete snapshot of where you are in your budget for the year without including loan payments. He said he'll submit it for future review.
This discussion has been closed.