Accountant would like to run a copy

Quicken Mac 2020: My accountant want to run a copy of my data file for quarterly/year reporting for my small business. I used send him one for Quicken 2007 (I only converted this year), but the subscription version is partially cloud based.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Hi @Joe Ciccio,

Your data file (which contains all your transactions) resides on you computer's hard drive, not in the cloud.  So all you need to do is provide the accountant with a copy of your .quicken file.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Joe Ciccio
    Joe Ciccio Member ✭✭
    I thought if he ran the data file separately, it could mess up the synced accounts for quicken mobile or web. Guess I could shut of the sync function on his computer.
  • Joe Ciccio
    Joe Ciccio Member ✭✭
    Thank you. Have been using quicken mac since the first version in the late 1980's, stayed on quicken 2007 for 13 years as I did not see any reason worth converting. When they sold quicken to a company that actually cared, I took the plunge. Very impressed that 30 years of data transfer was pretty seamless, and I really like this version, but it is a different animal.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back!!  If you have any other questions, keep this community in mind.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Joe Ciccio
    Joe Ciccio Member ✭✭
    Will do!
This discussion has been closed.