Update to 28.xx?

I used Quicken H&B 27.42 today and after one step up[date got a notice new version R28.10 available. I preferred to research here fist and surprised so many folks already using it.

I went back to Quicken, OSU and even Check for Updates and it is no longer offered for me saying I am using the most current version at 27.42.

What's up? Can someone explain why this is working this way?

Thanks.
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Sometimes Quicken will release a new version as a "staged release" - to a certain max number of users, as a test to see if any major problems pop up.  After the max number is reached, it is then "not avail" until released to the general user community.... then everyone can get it...  Now you see it - Now you don't -

EDIT - oops -  private hotlink removed -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. Surprised to be offered, then not :)
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting that your link tells me I do not have Permission to Do That! Will not open for me.

It looks like it shows R28-10/ I of course searched for R28.10 which is likely why I did not see it.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob. said:
    Interesting. Surprised to be offered, then not :)
    you were #19,998.... and then #20,002

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Bob. said:
    Interesting that your link tells me I do not have Permission to Do That! Will not open for me.
    oops - sorry - it was in a private area -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Everyone,

I figured I'd just like to drop this by in case anyone was looking to update to 28.10 but hadn't been part of the staged release just yet. The patch can be found here on the mondo patch page. The release notes can also be found just a bit further down the page in case you haven't looked them over just yet.

If you do have any issues with the update please let us know!  :)

Thanks
    Quicken Francisco
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    No release notes for 28.xx on that page Francisco. Unless I missed them. Just showing versions of 27
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob. said:
    No release notes for 28.xx on that page Francisco. Unless I missed them. Just showing versions of 27
    And the download that is available is 27.42 not 28.10.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Sarah.

I did the update from the mondo patch. Only going to mention issues with new features that interest me, so many I will have no comment or issue with or on.

• Improved: Added a Show in Register button to the Quicken Bill Manager Payment Status window so you can go directly to your bill payment transaction.

Doe this mean the Bills and Income tab or something else? I cannot find it.

• Improved: Replaced old support screen sharing with new CoBrowsing.

My menu still says screen sharing.

• Improved: Updated the look and feel of the Security Detail View.
    Not sure I am seeing any change here.

• Fixed:  An issue in which the ALT+A keyboard shortcut had ceased working in the register.

Cannot find what ALt-A is supposed to do.

Appreciate some feedback. Thanks.

Windows / H&B 2020 / 28.10

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    "New: Added an in-product chat option to make it easier to contact support from within Quicken. The chat icon is located next to the help question mark on the Quicken title bar. (**Enabled Only for New Users)"

What constitutes a new user and an old user?
    Does the chat button eventually disappear when a new user is no longer new?

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Great question. I avoided asking that one as I am not a new user and not seeing the others I posted above. Hopefully someone "Quicken_" will be by to comment.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen the above mentioned features?

@Quicken Sarah , could you or another drop by and explain please. Thanks.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Sarah. Appreciated as always.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Found a new bug in 28.10.

Choose any account. Go to the gear icon and choose "update now". Nothing. Choose it again and it updates. Consistent for me on my Windows 7 installation.

Anyone else?
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Bob. said:

Choose any account. Go to the gear icon and choose "update now". Nothing. Choose it again and it updates. Consistent for me on my Windows 7 installation.

Anyone else?
    I didn't understand your statement.  Yes, I have noticed that and ignored it by just retrying.

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob. said:

Anyone else?
    I AM seeing this if I do the update now AFTER doing a OSU.  Note that prior to this update I had a very similar issue like this but it seems a bit different now.  Previously, if I did the update now after the OSU (usually because of a failure on an account) the update would not present the update settings window and nothing would download (but it seemed like it was running the update).  Then if I ran it a second time I would get the window and the download would work.  The difference now is that when I do the update now NOTHING happens at all.  The second time it works fine.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi All,

Remember that Quicken Subscription product, is not guarantee to run without problems in Windows 7 Systems. It is no longer supported.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    bmciance said:
    I AM seeing this if I do the update now AFTER doing a OSU.  Note that prior to this update I had a very similar issue like this but it seems a bit different now.  Previously, if I did the update now after the OSU (usually because of a failure on an account) the update would not present the update settings window and nothing would download (but it seemed like it was running the update).  Then if I ran it a second time I would get the window and the download would work.  The difference now is that when I do the update now NOTHING happens at all.  The second time it works fine.
    Thanks. I should have been as specific as you were. This is exactly what I see. I never use update now unless a OSU has failed for an account. And that IS when the first ry shows nothing. Thanks for confirming!
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hi All,

Remember that Quicken Subscription product, is not guarantee to run without problems in Windows 7 Systems. It is no longer supported.

I will try it this morning on my Windows 10 system. I suspect it will be the same but will post if not.

And don't forget supported or not, Windows 7 is still a very large part of the installed and used Windows base.
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am using Windows 10 (latest patches) so it is not specific to Windows 7 systems.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    bmciance which OS are you using?
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. Then even more interesting as you see it work(ed) for me in Win 10. Will try again later this afternoon.
This discussion has been closed.