Portfolio Value/Market Value Balance Does Not Equal Net Worth Report

I just converted from Windows and I could resolve all differences except the balance in my Brokerage account on the Net Worth Report. The Mac Net. Worth Report has a Net Worth for this brokerage account that differs from the market value. Is there any way to see where the Mac Report is getting the number from?

Answers

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited August 2020
    Hello @OceanBreezes,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you have not already, I suggest taking a look at this Support Article for more details on what data gets carried over when converting to Quicken for Mac. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Natalie

• I. appreciate the info, but was not able to answer my question. I have worked on reconciling this a couple more hours this morning and still can not figure out why the Net Worth Report shows a different balance than the Market Value on the Portfolio Screen (and. the account list on the left hand side)...I have tried multiple month ends and the current balance and it is off at every point...and, not the same amount.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited August 2020
    Hello @OceanBreezes,

Thank you for checking out the Support Article, although I apologize that it did not help you to identify the problem.

You may consider re-converting your data from Quicken for Windows to Quicken for Mac, following the steps outlined here, to determine if the data carries over more accurately the second time around.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• Thanks for your help, I reconverted and have the same problem. I do not think it has anything to do with the conversion as both Windows and Mac show the same Brokerage Account Market Value...it is only the Net Worth Report on the Mac version that is not showing the Market Value as the balance for the account.

I have been working on this for 3 days and believe I have concluded that the Mac version is just not quite ready for my needs...it is getting close, but I think the problem has to do with lot matching at the time of sales...not sure, but I have run out of time in trying to figure it out. I really want to get rid of my last Windows application and Parallels, but I'll try again in a year or two.
This discussion has been closed.