Citibank (Express Web Connect) Problems

Since approx. 2 weeks I have a problem with Citibank Checking and Savings Account downloads/updates through Express Web Connect. When disconnecting the accounts to reconnect them, trying to resolve the problem this way, I receive the following error message:
"Severity: Important
The account "Citibank xxx" was not synced.
Invalid id 2075994794 for parameter institutionLoginid."

The login information is correct and the Citibank app shows that Quicken accessed the accounts, yet no information is being downloaded and the accounts are not updated. I tried several options to resolve the situation, nothing has worked thus far. Thank you for any suggestions. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @HKB

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. That's a bit odd. Normally the error you are getting relates more to the mobile app rather than the downloads themselves. Let's try something to see if we're able to get an error to help us out a bit more. If you wouldn't mind let's try turning off your mobile sync for a bit and trying to download from citi again.

To do this go across the top to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web. From here you'll see a little slider saying sync. We'll want this turned off. Once you have it turned off go ahead and try to perform and update. This will likely give you an error again but it should give us a different one in this case. This will  help us see what the best troubleshooting step will be. 

Once you get a chance let us know how it goes! 

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• HKB
    HKB Member ✭✭
    Hello Quicken Francisco,

Thank you for your message and advice. As suggested, I checked the Mobile & Web Setting: Sync is off (it was never set to on).

I then applied the following steps:

- disconnected Citibank Express Web Connect Accounts (receiving above mentioned error message for all of them).
    - deleted Account Number and Customer ID under Account Details
    - went to File Operations>Validate & Repair and ran Validate File
    - reconnected Citibank Express Web Connect Accounts (one of which had been repaired under Validate File process).

Unfortunately, it seems the error still persists: for one account (checking), after running an update, the online balance shows a wrong number and no transactions are being downloaded. I haven't tried to disconnect the Citibank accounts again, which is where the above mentioned error messages are being received, so am not sure whether the error code has changed.

Please be so kind as to advise as to any additional steps.

Thank you.
  • HKB
    HKB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Not sure whether it is related, nevertheless I have been able to correct the issue following today's program update. Citibank Express Web Connect accounts are again updating and do show the correct online balance after the updates. Thanks.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

@HKB

Well that's good to hear! If anything else does pop up let us know and we'll see what our next best steps are!

Thanks
    Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.