Charles Schwab - is not updating values

LarryS103
LarryS103 Member ✭✭
edited August 2020 in Investing (Mac)
This is now a month of a problem Quicken said it was going to fix. This morning the stock moved $4,800 and no update in Quicken. Pressed update three times. Nothing for stock values, even though transactions are updated. Three contacts to support, and each time they do not know about this.

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @LarryS103

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I was taking a look to see what I could find in the ticket information and noticed that you recently converted in the last month. Has it been that whole time that you've been unable to update the stock values? When you were on call with support did you do any troubleshooting at all? If not the first thing we could try is to deactivate and reactivate the accounts. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Next we'll try deactivating all of the accounts. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Once all the accounts are deactivated go ahead and follow the article here on reconnecting the accounts.

https://www.quicken.com/support/reactivating-deactivated-account

If you haven't tried this already give it a try and let us know how it goes. If you have let us know any additional troubleshooting steps you've taken as well!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• LarryS103
    LarryS103 Member ✭✭
    I have tried activating and deactivating. All the accounts appear to connect. I have 20 different accounts, and all are recording the transactions. I only have investments in Charles Schwab. At the end of the day( market closed) the values are in sync. +- few dollars. However, when the market is volatile there is a real lag, say hours, when Quickens is not changing values, or changing them to old values from earlier times. Having checked screens side by side, hitting update on CS and then on Quicken, CS gives new market values, and quicken often does nothing or then shows a value from 10 minutes earlier. It would appear there is a fundamental communication error, lag, problem. Clearly it is connection and fixing that is a waster of effort. It is the internals, protocols, with Charles Schwab that is at issue.
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Hi, LarryS1103:

Do note that the security price histories are not being provided from Schwab; they are being updated from a third party provider. And, this system isn't intended to be a real-time system. So, repeated updates may not always yield the latest prices.

I suggest doing your update once a day a few hours after the markets have closed/prices have all been updated. If you continue to have mismatches then, you can go from there.

You can set Quicken to update prices for all your accounts automatically (in Quicken:Preferences), and the refresh occurs roughly ~1/hour. You do not want to be actively updating your accounts many times a day. Some banks/brokerages will even balk/lock your account/charge you excessive activity for doing such.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Hi, LarryS1103:
    Do note that the security price histories are not being provided from Schwab; they are being updated from a third party provider. And, this system isn't intended to be a real-time system. So, repeated updates may not always yield the latest prices.
    just to reiterate - @LarryS103   -
    the Quicken desktop software is NOT FOR TRADING,
    and therefore the pricing quotes are delayed, like many other online info services,
    and will be delayed for 20mins or more...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a sample - from the Fidelity App....
    8:52 CDT == 9:52 EDT  .... but the quote at 9:37 EDT is clearly 15 mins delayed

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.