Bank of America, in Quicken (Mac), transaction download no longer supports account transfer

When BofA transfers the roll up purchase amount from Checking to Savings (i.e. $.93 checking transaction would move $.07 to savings), I have a quicken rule that creates the matching transfer transaction in quicken. After the 5.17.x download (currently using 5.17.3) , my BofA Checking account can no longer find the BofA savings account. I have to delete the transfer field account, save the transaction, then reenter BofA savings as transfer account to have transaction work. This error does not occur on any other savings/credit card transfer from BofA. Please help correct, thank you

Best Answer

Answers

• Hello @Jerry,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these difficulties in Quicken.

I suggest first updating to the newest release of version 5.17.4 by navigating to Quicken>Check for Updates.

If the issue persists, I'd next try deleting and then recreating the Rule that you mentioned above, to determine if doing so helps to resolve this for you. 

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Natalie

• Jerry
    Jerry Member ✭✭
    Thanks Natalie, I did both this morning so will see if there is success. Appreciate the support
  • Jerry
    Jerry Member ✭✭
    Morning Natalie, I did update the software, deleted and recreated the rule, same problem exists. When recreating the rule, there also is no option to do an account transfer. Thanks for looking into the issue.
  • Jerry
    Jerry Member ✭✭
    Morning Tyka, I used the inspector to identify transfer key words to create the rule. You are correct, I did not see a transfer as part of the process. Thanks for the info, I'll continue to delete/readd the transfer account.
This discussion has been closed.