keyboard shortcut to move from search field to transaction list (Q Mac)

dental_floss
dental_floss Member ✭✭✭
When categorizing my transactions, I can easily search for a transaction by utilizing the Cmd-F key. However once I find matching transactions, I do not see how to jump to the transaction list using keyboard shortcuts. For a variety of reasons, I do not want to use a mouse. I strictly want to use the keyboard.

What is the magic shortcut?

Comments

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    You can.

Command+f will bring up search, and enter your string. Hit tab (and it will appear like nothing happened), but the up/down arrows will now move you between transactions in the register.

When you are done, you can shift+tab to switch back to (focus on) the search field. Obviously, your last highlighted transx will be selected, but that should point you in the right direction of how to navigate.
  • dental_floss
    dental_floss Member ✭✭✭
    That does not work for me. I have latest OS X and latest Quicken installed.

Hitting tab after entering text in the search field behaves as a Command-A - in other words, all the text in the search field gets selected.
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    That does not work for me. I have latest OS X and latest Quicken installed.

Hitting tab after entering text in the search field behaves as a Command-A - in other words, all the text in the search field gets selected.
    Thanks for the feedback.

I tested some more, and I see my suggestion only works when you first open an account, and follow my instructions. When you switch to another account, then it behaves as you indicate until a restart.

I am reporting/finding out more about this inconsistency. 
This discussion has been closed.