Transactions returning after sync

System
System Member admin
edited August 2020 in Investing (Mac)
This discussion was created from comments split from: Deleted transaction keeps coming back, how do I get rid of it?.

Best Answer

Answers

• bglick
    bglick Member
    I have a similar issue, but I don't see any option for Validate or File Operations. I am running Mac subscription. In many of my brokerage accounts, I have a transaction of Add shares or remove shares that is the very earliest entry. I delete it, and it goes away, but when I resync with the brokerage account, it reappears. Is there any way to delete it permanently without disabling sync?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @bglick

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

It sounds as though you may have a placeholder transaction.

If you haven't done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here and here.

I hope this information is helpful, and please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • bglick
    bglick Member
    I have done this, but then I have two duplicate transactions, just with the correct date & purchase price. And if I try to delete either of the transactions, it recreates a placeholder transaction.
    The net result is, Quicken doesn't accurately reflect the positions I hold. A problem which may or may not be related is that there were two entries for the security with different names & symbols, e.g. BRK.B and BRK/B
    I went into edit securities, and tried to merge them, and that seemed to work, but when I delete the duplicate transaction, it still creates a placeholder transaction.
    I have the same problem with multiple accounts and different securities, but only a handful of them. Any help would be appreciated.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @bglick

Thank you for the response, although I apologize that the steps did not help to correct the issue.

To clarify, are the balance/holdings correct after removing this placeholder? If a placeholder is created it's because Quicken is trying to balance the account.

Do the shares in Quicken match what the brokerage has after the placeholder has been removed?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • bglick
    bglick Member
    Tyka-

Thank you for your replies.

Yes, the balance/holdings correct after removing this placeholder and the shares in Quicken match what the brokerage has after the placeholder has been removed. So if the placeholder would stay removed, I would be in good shape. Unfortunately, the placeholders return every time I sync.

I look forward to your recommendation on next steps.
  • bglick
    bglick Member
    It looks like that did the trick! Thank you so much.
This discussion has been closed.