Quicken 2020 on Windows 10: Quicken window get resized unexpectedly

Hello,
I have noticed over the past few days that when I start my Windows 10 computer and start Quicken, Quickens window get resized to what I assume is a default setting causing me to have to resize the window so I can see all my account. This is quite annoying.
Any idea what going on? Thanks

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken's application window size and position is maintained in the QUSER.INI file located in the users AppData\Roaming\Quicken\config folder.  I suggest you attempt to determine why Quicken is either not able to update the file with the current state of the application window or load the file when Quicken is starts.
  • Larry Nichoalds
    Larry Nichoalds Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your reply Sherlock. I am not sure why Quicken cannot access the QUSER.INI file or if it even tries since it does not complain. Attached is the file in question and the security setting for the same. Since I have always been the admin on my machine there should not be any security issue to block access.
    Q1.JPG 37.5K
    Q2.JPG 71.6K
    Q3.JPG 52.9K
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your reply Sherlock. I am not sure why Quicken cannot access the QUSER.INI file or if it even tries since it does not complain. Attached is the file in question and the security setting for the same. Since I have always been the admin on my machine there should not be any security issue to block access.
    Quicken does not complain if it is not able to access the file.  As it appears Quicken is able update the file, perhaps the issue you're experiencing is triggered when you boot the computer or the file happens to be locked when you start Quicken.
  • Larry Nichoalds
    It seems like it is more likely top occur over night. I just rebooted and it works, but I suspect that it will fail again tomorrow. Before I run it I will check on the .ini file to see its state. Thanks, will keep you posted.,
  • Larry Nichoalds
    Sorry for delay. I was evacuated do to the fire in my area in California. What ever the issue was I have not been able to reproduce it. Hmm, problem solved, i guess. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.