How to reactivate an EXISTING account online access? NO ADD for a new account

Long time user and this is a bug in Q... online-setup now and reactivate connections fail!
Ever where I click to reactivate my online access for an investment account, I get put into adding a new account for ONE TIME UPDATE for a NEW account. I do not want to ADD. I want to reactivate an existing acct for investing updates. I had just done a deactivate tp try to change the access from Web Connect to Direct Connect.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-change-bank-connection-method
  • pdclmc
    pdclmc Member ✭✭
    acct is deactivated and can not get re-activated.There is no advanced button on the add to the 'activate for one-step update'. I am well past updating the connection method. I need to GET to the activation first and that just takes me to the ADD for a new account
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    pdclmc said:
    acct is deactivated and can not get re-activated.There is no advanced button on the add to the 'activate for one-step update'. I am well past updating the connection method. I need to GET to the activation first and that just takes me to the ADD for a new account
    There should be an Advanced Setup on the Activate One Step Update window:

Perhaps the financial institution name used is not appropriate.

Once you have successfully authenticated with the financial institution, Quicken should present a list of the accounts obtained from the financial institution and allow you to link the unmatched accounts to the appropriate existing registers.

• pdclmc
    pdclmc Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    WINDOWS 2020 R 28.18 - Set-up for online services for my account gives me the ADD screen instead of an update screen...
    so I cannot get my access reactivated for this account
  • pdclmc
    pdclmc Member ✭✭
    cant use the name of the account because its trying to add and says that account already exists
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is "EFE Brokerage(JT)" the name of the account register that you are trying to reactivate?
    If so, Quicken seems to think that this account is still activated for downloading.
    Is it? Can you please show me the Edit Account Details screen, Online Services view? Does it say "Deactivate" or "Set up now"?
    What is the name of the brokerage (Financial Institution)? Do they support Direct Connect connections?
  • pdclmc
    pdclmc Member ✭✭
    EFE Brokerage(JT) is the account that I am trying to re-activate. I had it working with WEB connect as the other EFE accounts show but was trying to get the direct connect to work so I deactivated it to restart the set-up process but no\w I cant even get the WEB connect dialog to show up... When clicking on the 'edit' button' it takes me to the Account Details and when I click on ONLINE Services tab I get 'SET UP NOW" button to define online downloads which is only for adding a new account... All BAD as far as I am concerned.
  • pdclmc
    pdclmc Member ✭✭
    here is the screen for download definition... No option the reactivate
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have 2 more accounts that are active for Web connect.
    You may have to deactivate all EFE accounts (whoever that brokerage is, you didn't say), including any old, hidden, long closed EFE accounts that are still activated for downloading before you can reactivate them all for Direct Connect.
    If all else fails, and if you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review a download log file on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only:
      https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and select Chat or Phone support.
      Phone support is only available during posted business hours. The phone number can be found at this website.
    • If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken 2018+ Premier or HB&R) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account  (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) next to "Quicken Premium Support"  when you log in with your Quicken ID.
    • Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from other Community members, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    • Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.

• Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @pdclmc
    "When clicking on the Edit button, it takes me to the Account Details [pop-up box] and when I click on Online Services tab, I get [a] Set Up Now button to define online downloads which is only for adding a new account.." (Emphasis added.)

This statement is not fully correct.

You have taken your EFE Brokerage(JT) account offline.

As far as as your Financial Institution and Quicken are concerned, you are trying to add a new account (that is, you are trying to create a new connection between your computer and your FI) for Online Services to your "EFE Brokerage (JT)" account now.

Go ahead and complete the Set Up Now process; your FI should return a result showing what the FI calls your account on the left-hand side of the pop-up box.

In the middle the system defaults to ADD - but you can and should click the little down caret to then open a drop-down menu.

Select the second line, LINK; in the secondary drop-down menu, then select your EFE Brokerage (JT) account that is already in Quicken.

In this manner, on the left-hand side of the pop-up, you will have what your FI named your account LINKED correctly to what you have named the account in Quicken, "EFE Brokerage (JT)", showing on the right-hand side of the pop-up box.

In this manner, you will complete a new connection to your FI in order to download transactions into the (newly) re-LINKED "EFE Brokerage (JT)" account in Quicken. Done correctly, you will not create a duplicate account in Quicken, and your single "EFE Brokerage (JT)" account will be correctly linked for Online Services again.

If you would like help with this, you are welcome to contact support directly
  • pdclmc
    pdclmc Member ✭✭
    I found that the financial institution was still set in the online details when I saw it in the account details from the HODINGS screen. So, in desperation, I tried an import from a download (even with online settings still awaiting SET-UP) pointing to the downloaded QFX file. The import worked! And without any messages, My online services tab now shows ACTIVE with WEB CONNECT...
    The de-activated account seems to have re-activated itself when I did the import. The account apparently reset the deactivated status when I did the import. Looks like a switch was swapped so the account was enabled for online access. No documentation to that effect just my impression of what seems to have happened... Now I will let that steep for awhile then I can try to update (not deactivate) my online the service to Direct connect...(which is what I wanted it to be from the start of all this)
This discussion has been closed.