transaction register rolling off older entries

It appears that while using Quicken for many many years my register is rolling off entries older than 1 year. My question, is there an option to expand this period (how), and are my older transactions still in the file but not visible (how to expose them)

Comments

• Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Hello @Timothy Waite
    Thank you for posting about your concern.
    Your Quicken data can (and for many Users, does) contain decades worth of transactions in an account Register.

If you will please provide additional information so that we might be better able to trouble-shoot this and help you more effective. Please click on Help > About Quicken; what year/version/build of Quicken are you using?

When did you notice that some older transactions are missing from the Register? Is this recent, or has this been going on for some time? In all other regards, is Quicken working as expected? Are you getting any error messages of any sort? (If so, exactly what does the error message say?)

Try clicking on the little caret (the small blue triangle) to re-order the Date column. Then scroll all the way to the top and/or bottom of your Register. Are the older transactions showing now?

Have you created a Year End Copy of your data file? Or have you switched to using a Backup or Copy of your data file recently? 

Please post back with addition information so that we might be better able to help you. Or if need be, you are welcome to contact support directly for help.
  • Timothy Waite
    Timothy Waite Member ✭✭
    R28.18 27.1.28.18
    I have not reverted to a backup. Of note, it is ONLY my accounts with Delta Community Credit Union that are truncated. I can see investment transactions from 2006 in other accounts.
  • Timothy Waite
    Timothy Waite Member ✭✭
    Additionally, I did NOT create a year end Copy. :neutral:
  • Timothy Waite
    Timothy Waite Member ✭✭
    one other point of info - my .QDF-backup from October 2019 is 75.2 MB. My current backup is 80.2 MB. Appears the data is in the file... just don't know how to get it to display in the register.
  • Timothy Waite
    Timothy Waite Member ✭✭
    I should read your entire post before posting my response. I do not remember when this issue began - I know its been a while... I do not get any error messages. Quicken is working exactly as expected
  • Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @Timothy Waite
    "[A]re my older transactions still in the file[?]..."
    I would expect that they are, however, if you have been using Quicken for years, I would also expect the file size to be larger than 80.2 MB.

Perhaps at some point you inadvertently switched your primary working file with some type of truncated copy of your file?

It does not seem as though we are going to be able to effectively troubleshoot this concern via Community posts.
    Please contact support directly; my colleges will likely ask you to screen share so that we might more efficiently track down a file that is larger (and thereby holds more and older data). They may also ask you to do some additional troubleshooting to check to make sure your system is working well and up-to-date.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried pressing the Reset button visible in the post above? That should do it.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @Rocket J Squirrel Good call out Mr. Squirrel.  B)
  • Timothy Waite
    Timothy Waite Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Sorry to say the RESET button did not resolve the issue. I will try the support route - thanks
This discussion has been closed.