Recreate Mortgage Account

Options
I recently learned I had a problem with my Quicken datafile and was told to create a new datafile. As I had almost 20 years of data in my old file, I didn't want to recreate all that data so I created an export file from the bad datafile (which did work except for one account which caused the program to crash) and imported it into the new datafile. There were a few issues like my paychecks got converted to just split transactions but that was not a major issue. The problem I have is that my mortgage accounts are now just regular liability accounts. Is there a way to recreate these mortgage accounts? I'm also having the same issue with investment accounts.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @teendoc

Thank you for taking the time to share your question with the community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

May I ask, the existing mortgage accounts in the newly created file, were they created by importing the account and transaction details via QIF file export/import?

Were these accounts originally connected to the financial institution to download the mortgage details?  Or do you typically manually enter the mortgage information?

Additionally, I'd like to explore the issues with your original data file a little further, what was the issue with the file that is causing a need to recreate the file?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • teendoc
    teendoc Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello Sarah,

I apologize for having taken so long to reply to you. I used a QFX export from the older damaged file then imported to the new file. And yes these accounts were originally connected to the financial institutions.

About the issue with the old file, I spent hours online with two different Quicken support people. The last one said that there was no way to fix the issue. Nothing that had been attempted had worked.

The problem was that when I clicked on one of my mortgage accounts in the list to open the register, the program crashed.

Thanks for your help.

Liana
  • teendoc
    teendoc Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken Sarah said:
    > Hello @teendoc
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to share your question with the community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.
    >
    > May I ask, the existing mortgage accounts in the newly created file, were they created by importing the account and transaction details via QIF file export/import?
    >
    > Were these accounts originally connected to the financial institution to download the mortgage details?  Or do you typically manually enter the mortgage information?
    >
    > Additionally, I'd like to explore the issues with your original data file a little further, what was the issue with the file that is causing a need to recreate the file?
    >
    > Please let us know, thank you.
    >
    > Sarah

Hi Sarah,

I replied to you earlier. Do you have any advice about how to recreate these mortgages?
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hello @teendoc,

Thank you for providing the requested information, although I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

You may consider creating a new loan account(s) in the new file to determine if this is something that works for you to move forward with.

Please see this Support Article for more details and steps to do so.

Alternatively, you may consider contacting Support directly for more advanced assistance.

Support has the ability to engage in a screen sharing session with you, and can best help in identifying a solution.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Natalie

This discussion has been closed.