Data File Redo: any suggestions for efficient ways to rebuild from scratch a bad Quicken data file?

I have a large (202841K), Bug-Splat prone Quicken data file that I have built over decades of Quicken use. I have had frequent crashes, and the official Quicken technical help I have received points to my data file as the problem, and they say it should be replaced. (Validate and Repair does not improve my situation.)

What do experienced Quicken users suggest as helpful steps towards an efficient, time-saving redo/rebuild of an existing Quicken data file that can preserve my past work in making accounts, categories, securities, bills, scheduled transactions, etc as much as possible? For instance, is it best to avoid the export/import features? Is it best to keep the data file as small as possible and begin data collection in the next calendar year? Is it best to have a file with only active accounts, and another file with old, unused and closed accounts? These are some of my questions. I would be interested to hear of other's experiences here, especially those who have had to do a data file rebuild themselves.

Thanks for your consideration.

I am running Windows 10, version 1909.
I am using Quicken Premier 2020 R28.18

Best Answers

Answers

• dewalker167
    dewalker167 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    No I have not tried this and will give it a try. I appreciate your quick response and help here, Marcus.

Here is my Quicken Data File information.
  • dewalker167
    dewalker167 Member ✭✭✭
    So far so good with this copy, validate, super-validate procedure. I have not had a crash yet...
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far so good with this copy, validate, super-validate procedure. I have not had a crash yet...

Shhhh! Not so loud! Mr. Murphy might hear you!
    :-)
This discussion has been closed.