why does GPU cache appear on desktop every time I open Quicken?

Options
why does GPU cache appear on desktop every time I open Quicken? i delete it but the next time I open Q it reappears. this is since the last update

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody knows why these folders appear. It's not just Quicken which creates them. Other software, notably one of Adobe's also creates them. So it's more likely a recent Windows 10 thing.
    The way to stop them from appearing on the desktop is to force them to appear elsewhere. This is the "Start in" property of your Quicken desktop icon. Change it from empty to something else. You could use "%localappdata%\quicken" for example.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• MICHAEL FIRESTEIN
    Options
    several things. 1)this started with the last Q update 2)I have win 7 3) I have adobe reader DC but neither it nor any other app causes the folder to appear only Q

thus I conclude it is not a Win 10 thing. It is not another app issue. It's that Quicken at time sucks. too bad no other reasonably priced software is available..
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1) If you take 5 seconds to Google "gpucache" you will see that other software creates it as well.
    2) Yours is the first report I've seen of this in now-unsupported Win7.
    3) Just because you don't have other software which creates the folder doesn't mean they don't exist. See (1) above.
    I gave you the simple workaround. Use it or don't.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Filehorse
    Filehorse Member
    Options
    Rocket J Squirrel: Thanks for the heads-up on the "Start in" property of the desktop icon. Directed it to a safe place and PRESTO! Gone. Outta sight. Outta mind. Thanks so much..!!
This discussion has been closed.