Experience with Bill Manager

(I hope I have this feature name right. It's all sounding the same to me.)

How is people's experience with the Bill Manager (Quick Pay and Check Pay?) feature. From other things I read here, it's not so good, but I'd like to hear first-hand. I'm changing banks, and my new bank has free bill pay, unlimited. But I do like having everything listed in my Quicken register without having to enter bills in two places.

Anyone using the new Bill Manager successfully?
Tagged:

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @scrozier,

I don't have experience with Bill Manager, because I use my bank to pay bills BUT I do enter all transactions in Quicken first and then transmit them - through Quicken - to my bank. 

So this process - which you may be able to use rather than the new Bill Manager program - may be an option for you.  If you connect to your bank (the one that offers "free bill pay") through the Direct Connect method, then you should really look into paying your bills through Quicken using your bank's bill pay program.

Hope this helps with your search for a bill payment process.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• scrozier
    scrozier Member ✭✭
    Great idea, Frankx. I will check into it.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    HI again @scrozier,

One quick way to check to see if you can use your bank (the one that offers free bill pay) with Quicken is to do the following  (BTW these are Windows instructions but hopefully you'll be able to "translate" them into Mac talk):

1) Open the bank account (preferably the checking account) in Quicken;
    2) In the upper right hand of the screen - click on the Gear icon;
    3) Select "Edit Account Details";
    4) Click on the "Online Services" tab:
    5) If, in the bottom section of the screen named "Online bill payment" it says "Set up now..." then it is likely that you'll be able to pay your bills through that account in Quicken.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• scrozier
    scrozier Member ✭✭
    Thanks again, Frankx. Unfortunately for me, it looks like there is no online bill payment with Schwab Bank.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubled checked and you are correct, Schwab Bank doesn't connect to Quicken via Direct Connect.  But do you have any other bank accounts - maybe another of your banks does.  I can check the names for you if you'd like.

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.