My bill payments will not send

I setup payments using the new system I click "send'
"One Step Update Settings" appears with my bank listed.
I click "Update Now" It appears to be updating, but after finishing the payment has not been sent.
It worked last month. What am I doing wrong?

Answers

• Swat34
    Swat34 Member
    I am having the same problem johnwmreed. My instructions are getting hung up and even though it looks like it is sending it never does. Also, when i do the one step update at sign in, it asks me for the web connect password (which i didnt know we needed). No matter what i do there, it will not continue the update. I just get a message to 'enter the web connect password'. Would love to clear this up!!!
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Chances are they are caught between the old & new system.  Did you use Quick Pay or Check Pay specifically?  Bill Manager doesn't rely on OSU. If you haven't already, you might want to review a couple of how to videos:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/paying-bills#windows

EDIT: you can usually delete the stuck payments using Ctrl Delete

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• johnwmreed
    johnwmreed Member ✭✭
    What is so frustrating about this is that I have been using the new service for several months now. My bills have not changed. All of a sudden it just stopped working.
  • In Bill Pay I'd set up a payment with Send next to the payee. After an update Send changed to Sent. In Bill Manager what will tell me that a bill payment has been uploaded? In fact, how do I "send" the bill payment to Quicken? Bill Manager is VERY frustrating.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Smilodon1 said:
    In Bill Manager what will tell me that a bill payment has been uploaded? In fact, how do I "send" the bill payment to Quicken? Bill Manager is VERY frustrating.

Suggest you watch the videos (link posted above), that should help.  Also, from a previous post:

Quick Pay - payments appear in the register of the payment account with "scheduled" in the Check # column until the payment date and then change to Paid afterwards.  Status reports the details and provides a confirmation number when paid.

Check Pay - appears as a check number in the payment register with a check icon
     beside it.  The status initially shows Processing but changes to "Printed and Delivered to US Mail" when that occurs.  

Quicken user since 1995

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smilodon1 said:
    In Bill Pay I'd set up a payment with Send next to the payee. After an update Send changed to Sent. In Bill Manager what will tell me that a bill payment has been uploaded? In fact, how do I "send" the bill payment to Quicken? Bill Manager is VERY frustrating.
    Watch the videos (link posted earlier by @jrich75 ). This will answer your question.

• johnwmreed
    johnwmreed Member ✭✭
    Ok, partial success. The mistake I made was clicking on "Pay" under the "Action" column. Instead, if I click on the drop down box first and select "Quick Pay" and complete entries the word "scheduled" shows up in my register, and everything looks correct.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    The mistake I made was clicking on "Pay" under the "Action" column. 
    It seems that Pay may have been an Action that provided some Bills connectivity to Quicken Billpay.  My Action buttons no longer default to the Pay option. I disabled QBP from my payment accounts and reminders prior to the end of the month.  Enter and Edit are reminders that are not linked for online payment.  None of the drop-downs even contain the Pay alternative.  

Quicken user since 1995

• johnwmreed
    johnwmreed Member ✭✭
    jrich75 - that is very interesting. My Quicken version says "up to date" R 28.24?
  • johnwmreed
    johnwmreed Member ✭✭
    QBP is not in my payment account.
  • johnwmreed
    johnwmreed Member ✭✭
    p.s., how did you embed photo in your post?
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    There is a menu at the top of the post area.  It may not be there for newer members.

If it's not there, you should still be able to drag & drop an image into the post area.

Quicken user since 1995

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    jrich75 - that is very interesting. My Quicken version says "up to date" R 28.24?
    I have the same version.  Maybe early removing of all QBP links made a difference.

Quicken user since 1995

• johnwmreed
    johnwmreed Member ✭✭
    Here is what my "Bills and Income" page looks like:
  • johnwmreed
    johnwmreed Member ✭✭
    Thanks to all that helped me (especially JRich75).
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Here is what my "Bills and Income" page looks like:
    Interesting.  I'm not really sure when my Pay option disappeared.  Do you still have any unprocessed payment marked Send or were you able to delete them?  

Quicken user since 1995

• johnwmreed
    johnwmreed Member ✭✭
    I deleted them
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @johnwmreed - OK. One additional QBM setup item that may be different is that I don't have any reminders linked to online bills.  Early on I removed the link because I wanted the reminder estimating feature to continue to work.  Not sure if that would make a difference or not but it does provide a connection between Quick Pay and the traditional reminder system structured for Billpay.

Quicken user since 1995

This discussion has been closed.