Display Full Screen

Options
Due to the nature of using registers in Quicken, full screen display is an absolute must especially on small laptop screens. I have read that some Mac programs can be set to automatically start up in full screen (Preferences > General > Uncheck "Close windows when quitting an app"). When the program is quit in full screen it then opens next time in full screen.

While hitting the green button to go full screen each time I use Quicken is not too much of a bother, it would be nice if Quicken were one of those programs that could be set to open full screen by default.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I'm not sure why that doesn't work in Quicken, but it also doesn't work in a few other programs I tried. Perhaps it's an overall change to how macOS works since what you read was written. (The setting by the way is in macOS System Preferences, not Quicken's Preferences.)

That said, there is a menu View > Enter Full Screen. It doesn't have a keyboard shortcut, but you can make one to be whatever you want:

macOS Custom Keyboard Shortcuts
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • R Strax
    R Strax Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Thank you. It is interesting, for example iOS Mail will start full screen if you exit full screen. Also, Quicken does not obey the keyboard shortcut "control-command-F" for entering/exiting full screen that works for many other programs. I don't know whether this has to do with the new macOS or if only Apple products obey these full screen instructions. MacOS is funny this way; it seems to want to open everything in small screens, an inconvenience for programs like Quicken that need full real estate. Nevertheless, we are lucky to have an excellent financial software package in Quicken Mac. My gratitude to all who work so hard to make it so good!
  • R Strax
    R Strax Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have set up a custom keyboard shortcut to open Quicken in full screen. Works fine. Thanks for the tip!
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Interesting. I didn't test macOS Mail, but I did test Safari which doesn't reopen in full screen regardless of the Close Windows When Quitting App setting. MacOS Mail does reopen in full screen, again regardless of the preference setting. So even macOS is not consistent within itself.

Quicken doesn't obey the Cmd-Cntrl-F keyboard shortcut because they didn't program it for View > Enter Full Screen menu in Quicken. But you can easily fix that yourself using the instructions in the link I provided above.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • R Strax
    R Strax Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Done, thanks again. I really appreciate the tip, the keyboard shortcuts will be helpful elsewhere too.
This discussion has been closed.