R28.28 Update?

Options
Jeff N.
Jeff N. Member ✭✭
I have Quicken Windows, and it just automatically updated to v28.28, but I see no reference to this version here:

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

Shouldn't there be release notes available?

Answers

• cyberphile
    cyberphile Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Jeff N. said:
    > I have Quicken Windows, and it just automatically updated to v28.28, but I see no reference to this version here:
    >
    > https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product
    >
    > Shouldn't there be release notes available?

Apparently it was a "hot fix" that was described here: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7880595/resolved-9-10-20-online-payee-list-blank-or-unable-to-copy-online-payees#latest

It was released today (9/11/2020).
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken 2020 R28.28 Release NotesSep 2020

• Fixed: Resolved an issue in which the Online Payee List did not retain former Quicken Bill Pay payees. Users can now copy information from an old Quicken Bill Pay payee when creating a Check Pay payee.
    • Fixed: Resolved a crash that occurred during patch downloads.
    • Fixed: Resolved an issue in which Quicken was sorting transactions incorrectly.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win11 Deluxe Subscription thru 2024

• Jeff N.
    Jeff N. Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the update!

The Quicken Team should ensure that the Release Notes are posted PRIOR to releasing a new SW release, whether it's a Hot Fix or regular release.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This info is always available directly in Quicken regardless of the revision or patch postings.

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GeoffG said:
    This info is always available directly in Quicken regardless of the revision or patch postings.
    That is generally true.  However, when Quicken is allowed to update on startup, I don't believe it is so easy to find.  This is why I generally decline any update that is offered when starting Quicken.  In this case, since I had already set up my Check Pay payees, the "hot fix" isn't so hot for me.

Quicken user since 1995

• Jeff N.
    Jeff N. Member ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Options
    > @jrich75 said:
    > (Quote)
    > That is generally true.  However, when Quicken is allowed to update on startup, I don't believe it is so easy to find.  This is why I generally decline any update that is offered when starting Quicken.  In this case, since I had already set up my Check Pay payees, the "hot fix" isn't so hot for me.

Yes, exactly. Quicken updated automatically on startup. Then before I launched the app, I went to the Quicken website to confirm that it was 1) an official Quicken release and 2) to see what had been fixed, but there were no v28.28 release notes posted, which made it look very suspicious.

Then I had to take the extra steps to post here, and to call Quicken Support directly...
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Jeff N. said:
    Yes, exactly. Quicken updated automatically on startup. 
    When I get the notice from Windows asking if I want to allow the program to make changes, I decline and then have been able to open without updating.  Depending on how Quicken has phased a release, I may not get the message that @GeoffG shows for a few more OSU cycles.  Today's update didn't occur automatically for me but the noticed did appear after a routine update.  I'm still running R28.24

Quicken user since 1995

• Jeff N.
    Jeff N. Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @jrich75 said:
    > (Quote)
    > When I get the notice from Windows asking if I want to allow the program to make changes, I decline and then have been able to open without updating.  Depending on how Quicken has phased a release, I may not get the message that @GeoffG shows for a few more OSU cycles.

Yes, and I will do that now as well. Is there anyway to disable from within the app, and only update manually from within the app?
This discussion has been closed.