Credit card bill reminder is displaying as income

I have a credit card account set up to download transactions, and a monthly reminder. For some reason, this account shows it as a scheduled deposit to my checking on the Bills and Income section. I can find no way to change it from a deposit to a payment when I try to Edit.
No other credit cards exhibit this behavior. I'm on Quicken Deluxe 2020, Version R28.28, Build 27.1.28.28. Any ideas how to fix?

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Ray Spickler - Is the Amount Due in the Bill Reminder a negative number?  If so, change it to a positive number.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Ray Spickler - Is the Amount Due in the Bill Reminder a negative number?  If so, change it to a positive number.

• Boatnmaniac, that does work (I've been doing that) but it comes back every month. I think Quicken Francisco has the best idea, just delete the reminder then put it back in. It probably got corrupted during a software update or something. Thanks all.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac, that does work (I've been doing that) but it comes back every month. I think Quicken Francisco has the best idea, just delete the reminder then put it back in. It probably got corrupted during a software update or something. Thanks all.
    I'm glad it worked for you.  BTW, deleting the reminder and setting up a new one is certainly a viable option but there is another way that is easier and faster to make a change to the reminder that will also change all future instances of that reminder.  Instead of clicking on "Enter" which will give you the option to adjust/modify just that one reminder instance before entering it into the register, click on the downward pointing triangle on the right side of that "Enter" button.  That will open a drop-down menu and click on the one that says, "Edit this instance and all future instances".   You can then enter whatever change(s) to the reminder you want to make and it will change the current and all future instances of that reminder.

• Boatnmaniac, my Manage Bills and Income Reminders looks much different than your screen capture above. Maybe it's my version or something. Anyway, your suggestion gets me to the same pop-up that you get when you click on it from the Bills and Income calendar. I can't get it to edit correctly either way. So I successfully deleted the old reminder and made a new one. Now it's showing up correctly. Thanks for your suggestions!
  • Boatnmaniac
    In Quicken there are several optional Bill & Income Reminder views.  What I showed was one of those views.  Another view is available via Manage Bills and Income Reminders which is what you used.  I'm glad you were able to get your issue resolved.

This discussion has been closed.