Quicken Bill Pay has yet again stopped working with latest update.

Yes, I did switch to the Quicken Bill Pay contained inside the program several months ago when the announcement was made that QBP was leaving. Yes, I have known that the old Quicken Bill Pay was being deprecated. The new update just came, and Quicken immediately created a second bank entry for bill payments. This second bank entry promptly demanded a password, which it then refused to take. So, now I have two bank entries, one that has existed for a long time and one newly created that is completely unresponsive and claims to be for sending bill payments.

I am going to be very upset if the supposed answer is again that I have to restore some old data file and then have to try to manually enter all missing entries. This same issue happened about half a year to 3/4 of a year ago. Look back at old entries. Is there a simpler answer than simply shrugging our collective shoulders and saying the Quicken programmers have no idea what they are doing?

I am using the latest version of Quicken Home and Business. I cannot keep running a business with unreliable updates from programmers who do not test their products.

Comments

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Quicken BIll Pay no longer exists.  http://quickenbillpay.com/

If you are talking about a problem with the new Bill Manager system, you should provided details of what you've done to set it up and get your existing accounts authorized.  It would also be good to check Help, About Quickent and provide the version and build information about the Quicken program you are using.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win11 Deluxe Subscription thru 2024

• Orthocuban
    Orthocuban Member ✭✭
    I have not used the quickenbillpay (dot) com since the announcement of the switch over to the inside-quicken system and its availability. I set up all the accounts back then and have been using only the inside-quicken bills & income tab since then.

I have Quicken--Home, Business & Rental Property Version R28.24 Build 27.1.28.24. If you look back to April, you will see the identical problem reported by other people from the update back then. The problem back then was that the update created a new entry under accounts for the paying of bills. That new entry was not functional and destroyed the ability to pay bills with Quicken. The solution that worked back in April was to go back and restore a data file that worked. That is, by restoring a pre-update data file, the extra entry disappeared and mysteriously you were able to pay bills again. This also meant that you had to manually enter every entry after that restored file.

My beef is that if you are a home and business person, you do not have a big business nor a lot of time to redo entries. On top of that, since this appears to be a duplicate of a problem from five months ago it means that I am really upset at the thought that I might have to do the same thing all over again. This is really bad programming on the part of Quicken IT.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Well, as indicated by the quickenbillpay link, the only inside quicken bill payment service that is currently available is Bill Manager.  This system works differently than the retired Quicken Billpay that was discussed in your April posts. There is no longer a Quicken Billpay account for paying bills (neither zzz or New). So restoring a data file will not restore the ability to use Quicken Billpay.  If you have set up the new Bill Manager payment system, you should be using Quick Pay or Check Pay to make payments from within Quicken.  (The only exception would be if your payment account has Direct Connect Payment capability set up and you are using that instead of Bill Manager).  Anyway, unless you give some details of how you are currently trying to pay bills, I not sure the community can help.
     Can you check the Online Services tab for your payment account details to see how it is connected for bill payment?  This is how mine appears when set up for Bill Manager

Quicken user since 1995
    Win11 Deluxe Subscription thru 2024

• Orthocuban
    Orthocuban Member ✭✭
    My apologies for taking so long. Life interrupted, sigh.

My checking account looks exactly like yours. So, what next?
  • Orthocuban
    Orthocuban Member ✭✭
    The latest update to Quicken fixed the problem. So, no more need for help, [removed - violation of community guidelines]. This thread can be closed.
This discussion has been closed.