Any updates on the 5th/3rd Cloud Sync Parameter issue?

Allen Craigmyle
Allen Craigmyle Member ✭✭
Hello, was wondering if there are any updates on this issue when it comes to setting this up for 5th 3rd Bank? I have not been able to use the online/mobile app for many months. I can download transactions to my desktop application but that is all.

Can anyone that banks at 5/3 use this?

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7861504/cloud-sync-error-parameter-institutionloginid-must-be-specified-for-this-request-fifth-third-bank/p1

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Allen Craigmyle

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

May I ask what the exact sync error message you receive when attempting to sync?

Can you also navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Allen Craigmyle
    @Quicken_Tyka when I try to setup my checking account to allow access via Quicken Mobile App/Web, I get an error saying "Parameter InstitutionLoginID must be specified for this request." I took this to your support and they pointed their finger at 5th/3rd. I called 5th/3rd and they said it wasn't them.

The version is R26.23 Build 27.1.26.23
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Allen Craigmyle

Thank you for the response and for providing additional details.

May I ask that you navigate to Help > Report a Problem.

In the subject field please include "QWIN-15982" please includes logs as well as sanitized data if you are willing to.

This issue has been difficult to reproduce and is still listed as a known issue.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Allen Craigmyle
    edited May 2020
    @Quicken_Tyka Done - although i submitted it twice, once with my own subject and once with yours.
  • sjschmidtky
    sjschmidtky Member ✭✭
    The unresolved issue with cloud sync to Fifth Third has been reported and worked on since last Oct/Nov and still not resolved. What's an update on this important issue?

The fact that this can not be resolved in a matter of 6+ months is a sad indication of the support services of Quicken. I personally spent over 10 hours on chats and support with Quicken and Fifth Third where both are pointing fingers to the other.
  • sjschmidtky
    sjschmidtky Member ✭✭
    And, if you haven't figured it out yourselves.... if you turn off syncing transactions and do cloud sync, cloud sync works. The problem is that both transaction syncing and cloud syncing cannot happen at the same time. I hope your support staff will treat this with more urgency!
  • Allen Craigmyle
    @sjschmidtky actually my situation is slightly different as i can't even get it setup. It sounds based on your last comment that you can at least make it work.
    It is very disappointing and like you I have been dealing with this since back in mid to late 2019.
  • sjschmidtky
    sjschmidtky Member ✭✭
    Actually I can't get it to too work for both transaction reconciliation and cloud updates, so I choose to do transaction reconciliation only. So frustrating that this can't be explained better and a proper ETA provided. These are reasons to choose other providers.
  • Allen Craigmyle
    edited September 2020
    Cloud Sync Error Parameter institutionLoginid must be specified for this request Fifth Third Bank...when will this be fixed?
    It's very troubling I am paying for a service I am not getting!!!
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    a little more detail as to what you have done -
    and where & when this error appears ?
    What desktop version..... Help --> About Quicken
    Have you setup, within Quicken, your Syncing
    Have you downloaded and installed the Mobile App - Android or Apple -
    Have you opened the App, signed into it - and what happens ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Allen Craigmyle
    edited September 2020
    The desktop app with the latest version. When I try going through the mobile setup, it gives me an error saying what I provided in the original comment. About a year ago this was working and I could use the mobile app to review my accounts. Then it stopped.
    [EDIT ADDED]
    Cloud Sync Error
    Parameter institutionLoginid must be specified for this request
    Fifth Third Bank

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Allen Craigmyle

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to to check on the status of the sync error Parameter institutionLoginid must be specified for this request with Fifth Third.

This issue is still listed as ongoing with no ETA, I apologize.

If you have not already, please bookmark the ongoing discussion available here.

Once the conversation has been bookmarked you will be notified by email of any updates or changes to the issue.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.