I am converting from Windows to Mac.

Options
I have downloaded and installed Quicken on my Mac. I have two quicken files to move to my Mac. I moved and converted one with no problem, however when I convert the second file it combines it with the first instead of keeping it as a separate file. What am I doing wrong.

Best Answer

• mjgalla
    mjgalla Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    That is what I had thought I'd done, I tried again but did the same thing, this time deleted the files and tried it all again and it worked!!!! Jus like you said it would. Thank you for your quick response. I think I am just having a hard time adjusting to a MAC, been using Windows for 30+ years, it's like using a different part of your brain.

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Hi, mjgalla:

This isn't a big deal.

• File:New, and follow the option to Start from a Quicken for Windows file. Select the first file to convert, and point it to your QDF file you moved from windows. 

• Once imported, repeat File:New, Start from a Quicken from Windows file and import your second file. (This was the step you likely missed.) This will keep the files separate.
    You can use File:Open Recent to jump between your files. 

Edit: Do note the new names of your different files so that you can differentiate which is which. You can choose File:Rename if you wish to rename the files.
  • mjgalla
    mjgalla Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    That is what I had thought I'd done, I tried again but did the same thing, this time deleted the files and tried it all again and it worked!!!! Jus like you said it would. Thank you for your quick response. I think I am just having a hard time adjusting to a MAC, been using Windows for 30+ years, it's like using a different part of your brain.
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Glad you got it worked out!

This discussion has been closed.