Bank of America Online Statemens issue

Greg Brown
Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta
All of my account types, Checking, Credit Card, Savings, are accumulating to my HELOC statement account. See attached, only one of those PDFs is my HELOC statement...

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.13. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

Answers

• Hello @ Greg Brown

Thank you for posting in the Community today, though I am sorry you are experiencing this issue with the web connect.

It is a bit difficult to narrow down the issue as all financial institutions (FI) are a bit different as to how they prepare a web connect file. You may need to contact the FI about this but let’s see if we can identify the problem.

As I’m sure you know, there is usually an option to choose which account you want to create a download for, then the desired date range and then the file type. During the file creation are all options present and if so, for the account, were you able to choose the HELOC account?

Please let me know, if you can provide a screenshot of the file creation page from the FI that may also help.

Thank you

- Quicken Diana

• Greg Brown
    Yes I was presented with the screen to select which account I wanted. I selected the HELOC(for this instance) and it added the other accounts as well. The credit card account is working properly, but the HELOC account is the issue. Bank of America recently made some changes to the HELOC statement and I believe that may have been when the issue started. I am not savvy enough to discuss this issue with the Bank and would appreciate it if you could reach out to them.

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Interesting that checking & savings are included.  Are some of these statements duplicated in the correct accounts as well?  If so, it's another reason to:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7876551/add-ability-to-manage-pdf-copies-of-on-line-bills-that-are-retained-in-quicken# 

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• Greg Brown
    I don't want statements for checking/savings so I didn't set them up. The only statements I want are for bills...

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I don't want statements for checking/savings so I didn't set them up. The only statements I want are for bills...
    I understand that. I guess I was surprised that they would even download to Quicken.  I assume that when HELOC bill is updates, it somehow collects all documents related your BofA login rather than just the loan statement.  Some of my billers do have a centralized documents repository that includes all types of notifications related to various accounts.  USAA is like that but since I can no longer set them up as an online biller, I haven't encountered this issue before.  
    My main reason for posting was that it wouldn't be such an issue if you could delete the unwanted documents.  Hopefully you will consider up voting for that improvement.

Quicken user since 1995

• Greg Brown
    Thanks, I would rather they fix the issue than having to delete numerous PDFs every month. I have opened a case with BofA and Quicken.

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No reason you couldn't have both the fix and a method to delete. I would prefer having a workaround while I awaiting the next fix...and the next...and the next.

Quicken user since 1995

• Greg Brown
    Yeah, I could probably go for a function that exported the PDF before it was deleted.

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Currently the options for online bills are View and Download.  You can add your suggestions to the thread and click the up arrow in the initial post to support it.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7876551/add-ability-to-manage-pdf-copies-of-on-line-bills-that-are-retained-in-quicken#

Quicken user since 1995

This discussion has been closed.