Turning off Bills and Income Reminders

Windows Premier 2020 version

Is there any way to turn off the reminder function off. It's driving me crazy! I actually went through each bill and income reminder and set them to "0" days to turn them off yesterday but today everyone came back. The reminders start showing as of last April and I have tried to right click the line and select "delete this and future reminders" which doesn't help. I have reminders showing for next July with a "3 days before" listing selected.

Best Answer

• Smokey Joe
    Smokey Joe Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yep, spent about 30 minutes with support and it's fixed. Multiple passes at "Super Validate" and no clue. Deleted all the reminders and they came back after syncing with the bank, three times. Finally "Reset Cloud Data" from the preferences menu and that fixed the problem.

Thanks for the help.

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Bill or Income Reminder cannot be turned off, only deleted. The 0 days setting has nothing to do with on/off. This is the number of days before it posts to a register.
    A properly set reminder should work "like a Swiss watch" and provide register postings at the appropriate time, for the correct amount and category. If your are not see this, you should check and correct anything that is causing it not to be providing the results it should. 
  • Smokey Joe
    Smokey Joe Member ✭✭✭
    I have tried that. The next day it's like I had not as the reminders once again reappear. I am also getting reminders for a quarterly bill that starts next July. I changed it to January and we'll see what happens tomorrow but I am not hopeful.
    The strange part of this is that these reminders suddenly started to appear with the current update in spite of using Quicken for at least 25 years.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Windows Premier 2020 version

The reminders start showing as of last April and I have tried to right click the line and select "delete this and future reminders" which doesn't help. 
    Hi @S@"Smokey Joe".

Are you saying that after you delete  a reminder - it comes back?  That should not be happening, and could be a sign of data corruption.  If that is the case, you should consider validating your data file - per these instructions LINK

Frankx 

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Smokey Joe
    Smokey Joe Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, I ran the validate function. Got this:
    QDF:
    Validating your data.
    No errors.

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:Removed 24 qel records for payments not in register

[Wed Sep 23 07:52:59 2020]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    The following transaction(s) were linked to account(s) that are no longer in Quicken. Quicken has changed them to indicate that the account was deleted. Please check them and set the category or destination account correctly. Make sure that this does not duplicate transactions.

Account Our Checking: 12/20/2019 Bealls [Unspecified Account] -55.04

------------------------------------------------------------
    No out-of-range security references found.

Validation has completed.

[Wed Sep 23 08:04:35 2020]
  • Smokey Joe
    Smokey Joe Member ✭✭✭
    I just opened Quicken again and all the improper reminders have disappeared. It looks normal. So I closed the program and reopened.

A reminder that I had previously deleted came back. This time it came back asking if I "wanted to schedule" this one? I entered a "No".

Closed and restarted Quicken.

Now it wants to enter it the register. "deleted this and future reminders".

Now getting an "Upcoming Notice" for a different transaction with a quarterly due payment with a date of next January.

Closed and restarted Quicken.

Now getting another reminder that I had previously deleted came back. This time it came back asking if I "wanted to schedule" this one? I entered a "No". Yes it is for a different payee.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @Smokey Joe

I have not seen any other recent reports that are similar to yours so i would tend to doubt that it is related to the recent update - BUT I also can't rule that out.

So my suggestion now would be for you to contact Quicken Support to see if they can do some advanced troubleshooting on your issues.  Here's the LINK

Please let us know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Smokey Joe
    Smokey Joe Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yep, spent about 30 minutes with support and it's fixed. Multiple passes at "Super Validate" and no clue. Deleted all the reminders and they came back after syncing with the bank, three times. Finally "Reset Cloud Data" from the preferences menu and that fixed the problem.

Thanks for the help.
This discussion has been closed.