Why won't the reconcile window sort correctly on Amount or Action or Security?

Options
When I try to sort my reconcile window on anything other than Date, it won't sort correctly. For instance, sorting on Amount result in this sort of action .

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Pamela Ryan,

Apparently Quicken for Windows has lost the ability to correctly sort on any column in the reconciliation screen except for the date.  I don't know when this happened, but based on my search of other posts it seems like it has been years, rather than months since it last worked.  Here's a recent post on the failure to be able to sort on columns except for the date ( this one deals with bank account reconciliations - but the basic problem is the same) - https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20120557#Comment_20120557

Bottom line, its a known issue.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Pamela Ryan,

Apparently Quicken for Windows has lost the ability to correctly sort on any column in the reconciliation screen except for the date.  I don't know when this happened, but based on my search of other posts it seems like it has been years, rather than months since it last worked.  Here's a recent post on the failure to be able to sort on columns except for the date ( this one deals with bank account reconciliations - but the basic problem is the same) - https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20120557#Comment_20120557

Bottom line, its a known issue.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Pamela Ryan
    Pamela Ryan Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks. I've noticed the problem for ages but it finally got to me enough to ask about it. I couldn't find any other comment/question when I searched on reconcile and sort (except comments on a date sort).
This discussion has been closed.