Invoice Designer

How do you add new items into an invoice? It seems I am limited to only using what shows on the left bar under Invoice Layout. I'd like to add just plain static text.
Tagged:

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Invoice items are added from the invoice. Click the Invoice box and then the down arrow to the right. You can Add or Edit Invoice Items.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Norman Drews
    Norman Drews Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Perhaps I am misunderstanding.. I want to add additional items apart from the default layout items that I posted in the above image.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you saying you want to add additional information to an invoice? Can you give an example?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Norman Drews
    Norman Drews Member ✭✭✭
    @Greg_the_Geek , what I was trying to do it just add some static text to the bottom of each invoice that contains our contact information, that we speak spanish, links to our website, etc... It seems that what UKR is suggesting.. adding a new line-item to act as boiler plate entries is the only option. It's a bit awkward but I guess there isn't any other option.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Norman Drews

You can add a "customer message" to any invoice - see this snip:

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Norman Drews
    Norman Drews Member ✭✭✭
    Yes. I am aware of that but I want to add text additional to that "Message to Customer as part of the invoice template itself. Using a line item approach or that "Message to Customer", while doable, means I need to remember to do it.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Experiment with the Message to Customer if you only have a short message to convey. One message, even if it spans 2 or more lines ... I think that should work for you.
    For long boiler-plate text, how about you use MS Word or any other word processor to create the desired message. Preprint a supply of forms so that the boiler-plate text appears in the area of the invoice where the Text to Customer would appear or print it on the back side of the printed invoice.
  • Norman Drews
    Norman Drews Member ✭✭✭
    It seems Message to Customer or invoice item (for just the text) are the only options. MS Word wouldn't quite work since the invoices are sent through email rather than by a postal delivery service.
This discussion has been closed.