Meaning of grayed out clock icon in status column? (Q Mac)

Options
Jimbot
Jimbot Member ✭✭
Despite a lot of searching in Quicken Community topics and Google, I have not been able to find the answer to this question.

I have scheduled 2 monthly credit card payments, and each appears appropriately in the register, accompanied by a grayed out blue clock icon in the status column. When the scheduled date arrives, the amount is subtracted from the account, but the icon remains the same, and hovering the cursor over the icon reveals the same information box, "Quick Pay payment transaction, but payment has yet to be made."

Does this icon merely indicate a reminder, and that I have to initiate a "Pay now" instruction, or will it automatically take care of the payment on that date or a day later?

Best Answer

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    When you say "is subtracted from the account", does that mean that you get an additional transaction downloaded showing the debit? If so, try dragging and dropping it on top of the scheduled transaction to manually match them.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Jimbot
    Jimbot Member ✭✭
    Options
    The current total value of the banking account that is to be debited, under the "Banking" heading in the sidebar, is reduced by the amount of the intended payment. There are no transaction duplications in the register.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Jimbot

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. If you wouldn't mind could you take a picture of what exactly is happening. It'll help us with figuring out exactly what is going on. Once you get a chance let us see we'll see what we can do!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Jimbot
    Jimbot Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, John. The interface isn't quite as smooth as the old Quicken Bill Pay, but I'm satisfied that I can make it work, and I suspect the wrinkles will be ironed out with time.
This discussion has been closed.