BugSplat Sign On Crash

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Quicken crashes get Bug Splat with every log in.

Comments

• mas
    mas Member ✭✭
    I have been having sign-on problems locally on my desktop for several weeks using Quicken Deluxe R29.12 with Windows 10 Pro (OS Build 19041.508). When I click my Quicken icon or manually navigate to the .exe file to launch Quicken, it prompts for my data file password, which I enter, but then Quicken immediately crashes and displays the "BugSplat" error message screen. If I launch Quicken again, but this time I close the pop-up prompt for my password, and manually locate and open my Quicken data file, Quicken then prompts for my password, which I can enter and then Quicken opens my data file and runs. Help?!
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mas

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

I took the liberty of reviewing the submitted crash reports to Bugsplat and had a few questions based on the information I can see. 

Is Quicken connected to the internet when you open the program?  Or do you run Quicken "off-line"?

Additionally, if you navigate to the location of the saved data file and double-click the file name to open it - does Quicken still crash on the first attempt?  Or does it accept the data file password and open correctly?

Let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • mas
    mas Member ✭✭
    Hello Sarah:
    I use Quicken offline, and only use the one-step update once in a while for a few linked accounts I update from time to time. The crash occurs when I click my Quicken shortcut icon, or manually navigate to the executable and double-click qw.exe.

If I launch from the shortcut icon and immediately close the password prompt, I can manually navigate to my saved data file and double-click to open it. I can then enter my password and it opens my data file without crashing.

I've deleted my Quicken shortcut and created a new one, thinking the problem had something to do with the shortcut, but no, the problem persists with the new shortcut or if I run it from qw.exe as I previously described.

Thanks!
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mas

Thank you for confirming that you are running Quicken offline and for providing that additional information.

if you haven't already, please install the latest release (R29.16 hot fix) available here.

This release includes a solution regarding crashes in Quicken Windows and I'd like to verify if the crash behavior is resolved or changes after updating.

Please let me know how it goes, thank you.

Sarah
  • Newmarski
    Newmarski Member ✭✭
    Sarah, I too am having the same issue. I am running Quicken Premier off line. It started this morning (5 Oct). Clicked the icon, a very brief view of Quicken trying to start then Bug Splat. I downloaded the latest release you indicated above. Ran the update; It stated I was running Version R1 on this computer...it updated to R29.16...but still the same thing as before...Bug Splat. What now?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Newmarski

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you continue to experience this trouble.

If you have not done so already, please take a moment to navigate to Help > Report a Problem and report this issue.

Please be sure to include all of the logs and a sanitized data file if comfortable.

This report will not receive a response but will help contribute to the investigation of this issue. 

-Quicken Tyka 
    ~~~***~~~
  • Newmarski
    Newmarski Member ✭✭
    I can't "navigate to Help-Report a Problem and report this issue" When I click the icon to start Quicken, it tries to start then immediately goes to the Bug Splat screen. I have sent several reports through Bug Splat. Is this a widespread issue?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

Hello @Newmarski

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I have a couple of ideas here to try.

First one would see if we're able to get quicken open without launching the file first to this hold CTRL + Shift on your keyboard and double click on your quicken icon. this will open the program without any files first. If you're able to get the program open you can then try to open your file by going across the top to file > 1 (file name/location). It'll be right above the exist button.  

If that doesn't work the next thing that we should be able to attempt would be a QcleanUI this will clean quicken from your system so that you're able to fresh install it. The steps for that will be listed in the article down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken

After you've uninstalled quicken you can reinstal it using the link below as well.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-download-quicken-quickencom-after-i-buy-it

Once you've had a chance to try these steps out let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• mas
    mas Member ✭✭
    Hello @ Sarah: I've installed the latest release (R29.16 hot fix) but still experiencing the same issue as I reported Sept 30 in this thread. Running Windows 10, Quicken Deluxe, Year: 2020, Version: R29.16, Build: 27.1.29.16

Please advise.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Hello @mas

Thank you for taking the time to report this behavior to the community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

There is a more current patch available, R2920.

If you have not yet installed the R29.20 release and would prefer to not wait for the staged release to be made available for all users, it may be downloaded and installed by clicking here.

Please let us know if the trouble persists after updating.

Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • mas
    mas Member ✭✭
    @ Quicken Tyka:
    I've installed R29.20, Build 27.1.29.20; same "BugSplat" error persists. I can bypass the first password prompt and manually navigate to open my data file, but the issue as I've previously reported has not been resolved. :s
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mas

Thank you for the response, although I am sorry to hear that the trouble continues to persist.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.