Comcast biller: Fails to authenticate

In the current Quicken Bill Pay setup, Comcast is identified as an online biller, credentials that have been verified go through the first phase of bill setup, the biller then requires additional information (2-Step) which sends info to my phone. When this information is fed into Quicken, it fails to authenticate.

I was asked by Customer Service to Validate the data file. This did not fix the problem. I also created a new data file with nothing in it and attempted to set up comcast as a biller, same result. When I log into comcast directly from my PC, the 2-step process works as anticipated.

At this point I am stuck... Has anyone found a way to resolve this issue? Does Quicken acknowledge this as an issue and put into the list of known problems to be resolved?

Paul
Long time Quicken user
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Paul Smith2

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue.

I have taken the liberty of reviewing the online biller profile and I do not see a bill listed for Comcast.

May I ask for the name of the bill verbatim as listed in Quicken to help me locate this bill?

Also, to clarify this is for Comcast and not Xfinity, which I do see listed in the biller profile, if you are meaning Xfinity this is a known issue.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Paul Smith2
    Paul Smith2 Member ✭✭✭
    Tyka

The online biller I tried to connect to was Comcast. I checked again this morning and it was still there as an available biller in Quicken. Xfinity and Comcast are the same company – Xfinity is the new logo. My login still works on Comcast via my PC. I did not find this issue as a “known issue” in your Current Online Banking issues either for Xfinity or Comcast. I know it has been a problem for more than a week. It would be helpful to keep this listing of problems up to date so those of us who use Quicken daily do not have to waste our time reporting known issues.

Paul
    Longtime Quicken User
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Paul Smith2

Thank you for the response and the feedback although I apologize that you were unable to find the known issue for Xfinity, available here.

Alerts and Known issues will be located under the "Alerts and Known Product Issues" tab of the Community.

https://community.quicken.com/categories/alerts

The "Current Online Banking Issues" section would only list issues related to financial institutions (banks). 

I hope this helps to clarify although I apologize for the confusion.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.