Why doesn't Quicken 2019 produce reports from the time period I choose?

I've tried to take my checking account, and produce reports from 1/1/2019 to 12/31/2019. The program is not including in this Spending the data from just that time period. What is the problem?

Answers

• Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    Which report are you running and how are you specifying the timeframe for last year?
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10 Pro
  • Angeldc53
    Angeldc53 Member
    Under a banking account, I've asked for a Spending report to show Itemized Categories from Last year (2019). It shows me the categories, but includes information for many years prior, in addition to 2019.
  • Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    Is this one of the default reports that you select from the menu from within the register or one that you customized and saved?

Have you tried using a custom date, specifying from and to date instead of last year?
  • Angeldc53
    Angeldc53 Member
    I have tried selecting last year from their menu and I've put in the actual dates of 1/1/2019 to 12/31/2019. Same result. Bad data being used and bad totals per Category.
  • Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried validating your file and running the report again?
  • Angeldc53
    Angeldc53 Member
    I've never heard of 'Validating my file' and have no clue how to do that. I've looked on all the menus and the word Validate doesn't appear. How do you do this?
  • Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    You'll find it under the File menu, just choose the default options. 

File, File Operations, Validate and Repair...
  • Angeldc53
    Angeldc53 Member
    I did that in my version 2019, The choice appears under File Operations in the File menu. I've re-run the report with the Last year choice. No change. Still bad data and totals.
  • Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    Someone else will have to chime in with more suggestions for you. 
  • Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    Do you have the same time frame issue with other types of reports ... Register, Payee, etc.?
  • Angeldc53
    Angeldc53 Member
    Yes. It seems that every report shows more than the time frame asked for. But thanks for your help with the Validation of the file. I can say that I've done that now, and it is!!
  • Angeldc53
    Angeldc53 Member
    I actually copied just the 2019 transactions, from the original bank account, to a new bank account. Then I tried to run a report. The same issue appeared! Very frustrating.
  • Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    Please report the release version you're on by checking Help, About Quicken. 
  • Angeldc53
    Angeldc53 Member
    Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property, 2020, Version R29.20, Build 27.1.29.20
This discussion has been closed.