Disappearing transactions

When downloaded transactions are accepted manually, they disappear and cannot be found in the register. Yet the account balance correctly changes to reflect the downloads. How do I get these accepted transactions to show in the register?

Answers

• Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    Look at the filters at the top of the register to see if you may be excluding transactions from view, click the Reset button to show all transactions.

Make sure the register search box is empty, any text typed in here will also filter your transactions.

Make sure your register is in date order by clicking on the date column until your transactions are in ascending order.

Finally, press Ctrl+End to make sure you are at the bottom of the register.
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10 Pro
  • Bill10
    Bill10 Member ✭✭
    Have tried all of these -- they were the settings in effect when the transactions disappeared -- and still no visible transactions.
  • Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    Are you accepting these transactions as new or are they matching existing transactions?

• Bill10
    Bill10 Member ✭✭
    I have done both. If it is truly new, then that is the way it is accepted. If I have previously entered the transaction manually, then I accept it using matching. This approach seems to have worked until 6-8 weeks ago.
  • Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    The only thing doesn't make sense here is that you say your balance reflects the entries, which makes me believe they are in the register somewhere.

Have tried to locate them with the Find command or by running a report?
  • Bill10
    Bill10 Member ✭✭
    I suspect a problem with the matching of downloaded transactions that I have already entered manually. A perhaps related anomaly is that I have a dozen transactions that won't sync -- I just get an "illegal operation" message. These transactions are from 4 different accounts but the same bank. The transactions look ok but they just won't sync.
  • I'm having similar problems too.
    One of my transactions disappeared in my app but the balance is correct.

Yesterday I entered a transaction in the app and it was there a second ago. But then when I went to sync my transactions the transaction disappeared and my balance is incorrect.
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have 67,000 transactions (over 20 years) with no issues such as you are describing. 

have you completed a "validate and repair"?
  • SLLuaces
    SLLuaces Member ✭✭
    I took your advice, @Mark1104, and did a validate and repair procedure. It uncovered only 5 questionable transactions, one of which was the one I had to add back most recently after it disappeared. I corrected the handful of questionable transactions and ran another, successful validate. I will see if I have trouble during future reconciliations.

And thank you for such a quick response.