Two investments are not updating. The rest are fine

I have to investments, Vanguard funds, VFIAX and VHGEX that will not update. All of my other investments, including other Vanguard investments, update just fine. I know that the symbols are correct, but they will not update. I have tried to update them by pressing the "update" button on the security manually and it looks like its working but the price does not get updated. Please help.

Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The next question is whether they are checked on the Security List (Ctrl-Y) to "Download Quotes"?
  • That wasn't the problem but it led me to the problem, which was that the security was not in my list at all, even though it was in my portfolio. I added both to the list and they updated properly. Problem solved. Thanks
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    That wasn't the problem but it led me to the problem, which was that the security was not in my list at all, even though it was in my portfolio.
    Are you using OSU to download from Vanguard -
    or are you setting up Securities manually and entering transactions manually ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That wasn't the problem but it led me to the problem, which was that the security was not in my list at all, even though it was in my portfolio. I added both to the list and they updated properly. Problem solved. Thanks
    Frankly that explanation is odd enough to be a bit disturbing.  I do not know of any way a security can be presented in a Quicken portfolio or holdings view and not be in the security list. 

The only direction I can conceive of coming close to that is if you had a hidden security in the list and you were not viewing hidden securities.  Even at that, when you created this new security in the list, it would have required a unique name - different than my postulated hidden security. 

Glad you consider the problem solved, and I hope no other related problem is being disguised.