ROI does not show up as a column option - what version do I need?

I am trying to find the ROI options for my investment accounts. What version of Quicken do I need to see these options? Do I need Premier or does Deluxe include it?

Best Answer

• Jeff1851
    Jeff1851 Member
    Answer ✓
    Found it. On the Mac, you have to change to the performance tab in the portfolios and it all shows up.

Answers

• John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Deleted
  • Jeff1851
    Jeff1851 Member
    That's what I see too, but I have seen other messages in the community, etc. that indicate there is an ROI and IRR option. I am more interested in these than the shorter term returns.

Thanks.
  • John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Deleted
  • John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Correction –

By clicking on the Performance drop down, you can get these fields. Looks like you can get what you're looking for.

Sorry for the previous incorrect responses!

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite honestly, I am not sure whether this is a difference between the Mac version and Windows version, or if it relates to the "tier" but I have options for all of the following:
    • ROI (%)
    • ROI (%) 1-Year
    • ROI (%) 3-Year
    • ROI (%) 5-Year
    • ROI (%) YTD
    I am on Win Home, Business & Rental

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    There are three types of investment screens that I see:

Performance (shown above)
    Portfolio Value (shown previously, but deleted due to my confusing response)
    Realized Gain (not shown)

In any case, you can get away with Deluxe unless you want online bill payment or priority customer support. The rest of the program is the same.
  • Jeff1851
    Jeff1851 Member
    Frankx - since you see it and are on a higher tier, then I suspect that it is a feature of Premium (or Home, Business) and not Deluxe. I have searched for detailed features and cannot find anything that would indicate such. Not worth paying the extra IMHO.
  • Jeff1851
    Jeff1851 Member
    I did find a screen that indicates that ROI/IRR should be in Deluxe. Just can't figure out where???

/Users/Jeff1851/Pictures/Photos Library.photoslibrary/resources/derivatives/3/3178B0C0-BE2F-4C05-9A91-B2F49B7CB17F_1_105_c.jpeg
  • Jeff1851
    Jeff1851 Member
    I also found this text but cannot find the "options" they mention....

Return on investment, or ROI, is defined as dollars returned divided by dollars invested. ROI indicates how well a security has performed. You can customize the Portfolio window to display ROI for every security you track in Quicken.

Click the Investing tab.

If necessary, click the Portfolio button at the top of the page.

Click Options and choose Customize current view.

Use the fields in the Customize Current View dialog to add ROI to your current view.
  • Jeff1851
    Jeff1851 Member
    Answer ✓
    Found it. On the Mac, you have to change to the performance tab in the portfolios and it all shows up.
This discussion has been closed.