Problem with stock split

jlgg
jlgg Member ✭✭✭
Today an EFT in my portfolio, iShares S&P Small-Cap 600 Growth symbol IJT split 2 for 1. I entered the split in the transaction window and the share number adjusted correctly. The stock server is correctly updating the prices for today. My problem is the historical prices for the previous 30 days are now incorrect. The closing prices on those days are double what they should be. This of course means that the portfolio values on those days are incorrect and also the performance calculations are wrong.

As a point of reference, I continue to run Quicken 2007 and in that file the quote server did not change the historical prices.

Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• fun1000000
    fun1000000 Member ✭✭✭✭
    This happens to me often when some stock splits.  What I do to adjust it, I simply back up the date of the split to correct it.
  • jlgg
    jlgg Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you fun10000000. I tried backing up the date of the split to Friday 10/16/20. The historical quotes for the last 30 days are still incorrect. I also tried rebuilding the price history without effect. Since this isn't happening in Quicken 2007, I believe this is a problem with the quote server.
  • fun1000000
    fun1000000 Member ✭✭✭✭
    You didn’t back up the date far enough. You have to back it up to the date where the
    historical quotes are incorrect. You had stated that was 30 days ago.
  • jlgg
    jlgg Member ✭✭✭
    I must be confused. The historical prices are double what they should be. Changing the date of the split doubled the shares held but did not change the historical prices resulting in the values on those days being 4x what they should be. It takes two screen shots to show this, but you can see the opening prices are correct, closing prices are artificially doubled until you get back to 9/17/20
  • fun1000000
    fun1000000 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I tested it on my Quicken . The numbers are correct. The problem has to be with your server downloading the wrong prices.
  • jlgg
    jlgg Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your help. Your screen shot window is a different layout than mine. Are you perhaps running Quicken for Windows? I am on Quicken for Mac and posting in the Mac section of the community. In anycase, the prices you are showing prior to 10/13 are still double what they should be. Hopefully the server will correct at some point, or I will have to manually reenter the quotes on those dates
  • fun1000000
    fun1000000 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Yes, I'm running Q for windows the latest subscription edition. As I look closer at the quotes  it looks like it split twice on 10-13 and today. LOL .  Like you said you just have to wait and see if it corrects. If you reenter the quotes on those dates, the next time you update, the quotes are going to revert back to the wrong numbers.

Good Luck
  • bobbakerarizona
    bobbakerarizona Member ✭✭✭
    I had a similar problem (Windows), I just edited the price history, using Yahoo's data, and corrected it up to 10/16. That fixed the issues. (Although the Investing Portfolio gain calculations are wrong...)
This discussion has been closed.