Report(s) for average spending

I see a comparison report for displaying spending data for the current period and and comparing it to the average for the last 3, 6, 12 months. Is there a way to do a comparison for any month and comparing to the previous 3, 6, 12 months? e.g I want to compare my spending by category for July 2020 and compare it to the average for April, May and June 2020.

Answers

• Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    @aul1231 The Current Spending vs Average Spending by Category report defaults to the current month, however you can customize the date range to any period you want.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, I think that's what you're looking for.
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10 Pro
  • Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    @aul1231 Actually, I now understand why you're asking this question, when you customize the date range, you cannot customize the compare to period, to get precisely what you want, previous 3 months is not listed.

I don't know who came up with this arbitrary compare to period, but obviously this report needs to be enhanced, to allow the user to customize the compare to period as desired.

This report is not flexible enough for user needs.
  • aul1231
    aul1231 Member ✭✭
    @Rich_M Yes, that's exactly what I am trying to do. I probably should've phrased my question better. I am hoping the Quicken folks will work on improving this report.
  • Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    @aul1231 Not your fault, my misunderstanding, you may want to post this as an idea to enhance this report. 

I will definitely vote for it.
This discussion has been closed.