One Step Update Summary only showing Express Web Connect accounts

vicdbrwski
vicdbrwski Member ✭✭
My One Step Updates seem to be running successfully, but the One Step Update Summary only displays the 'results' from my Express Web Connect accounts under the 'Financial Institutions Updated' section. My Direct Connect accounts do seem to be updating, because I get downloaded transactions to reconcile, but those accounts are no longer displayed in the Summary as being updated.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quick92
    Quick92 Member ✭✭
    I have a similar problem. I noticed some accounts were being skipped, but I had not noticed it was Direct vs. Express. Now that you mention it, I think all Direct Connect accounts are omitted from the report, and I am not sure they are updated.

No matter what I do, though, I cannot get certain Direct Connect accounts to update, e.g., Navy Federal / NFCU. I get a report of success, but nothing actually happens.
  • MauriAnne
    MauriAnne Member ✭✭✭
    I'm having a similar issue except none of my accounts are displaying on the summary screen. Initially I was getting some of the EWC accounts to display but now I get none. Here's my saga:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20123865#Comment_20123865
  • PeggySproul
    PeggySproul Member ✭✭
    I also cannot get a credit union account to update. What's going on? This happened today with the latest Quicken update.
  • Almost all of my accounts do not update, but do not report errors. Some show balance dates of over a week ago, but show successful connects and updates. Only a few accounts are updating properly, most are a week or more behind. Started after update applied around 10/7.
  • Kathy111
    Kathy111 Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Having same issue. Is a fix coming soon ?
  • fdonagher
    fdonagher Member ✭✭
    Hi, I am having the same issue with Direct Connect accounts not showing up on the One Step Update Summary.
  • fdonagher
    fdonagher Member ✭✭
    Any fix yet??
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi All,

Get into the habit of clicking on Settings after entering your Vault Password. This way you see exactly what is checked to be updated, once you click Update Now.

Also get into the habit of doing a Manual Backup, once you update the accounts, with Date Option Checked.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• mvwabc
    mvwabc Member ✭✭✭
    I have now had this problem this morning. When I go to the Account List, I see that all of the Direct Connect accounts show "Not Available" in the column titled "Last Download." I also had one Express Web Connect account that did not download. The other Express Web Connect accounts had the date for the download.

Has anyone contacted Quicken support as recommended above by Quicken Tyka? If so, could you please advise what you found out.
  • Kathy111
    Kathy111 Unconfirmed ✭✭
    I have 9 accounts in One Step Update. They all update, but only 3 show in the Update Summary (2 Capitol One accounts and ADP). Please fix.
  • vicdbrwski
    vicdbrwski Member ✭✭
    As the originator of this chain, I must point out that my updates seem to be working fine right now. The Express Web Connect accounts still take a little long to resolve (while showing the newer 'gear' icon and "processing data") but all accounts are back to being reflected in the summary. I didn't do anything from my end...was a fix included in an update?
  • MauriAnne
    MauriAnne Member ✭✭✭
    Glad it's working for you, but my OSU summary and last download date are still blank.

I wish we knew if Quicken is addressing this issue. After the 7 hours I spent with support when it first broke for me, they said it was my file. At that point, I didn't realize so many others were having the same issue.
  • char
    char Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue with the update function. It's very annoying. It was working as expected earlier today, then wasn't this evening. Nothing changed, so it's hard to determine the cause. I am also having the web connect error ... maybe these two are related??
  • vicdbrwski
    vicdbrwski Member ✭✭
    Nope...not working again. How can something work during one update, than not work in the very next update. Only some accounts appear in the OSU Summary, even though others (perhaps all?) are actually being updated.
  • Add me to the list of people who don't see all their accounts on the Summary after One Step Update. I got flags on the Direct Connect accounts and the transactions were there, but they weren't listed on the Summary. Earlier I had some accounts disappear, and I think that was related to moving Quicken around my multiple computers and getting the Quicken Cloud out of sync. I reset the Cloud and have refrained from updating from all but one computer.
  • Add me to the list of people who don't see all their accounts on the Summary after One Step Update. I got flags on the Direct Connect accounts and the transactions were there, but they weren't listed on the Summary. (copied the text because I have the same issue)
  • cyberphile
    cyberphile Member ✭✭✭✭
    I too have the issue where only the Express Web Connect institutions are listed in the Summary. Another behavior that I see is there is no longer a "last download" date for the Direct Connect sites like there is for the Express Web Connect sites.
  • mvwabc
    mvwabc Member ✭✭✭
    I am still experiencing this problem. Does anyone know anything new?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

After doing further research, if you don't mind, could you please try deactivating the account(s) experiencing this issue and then reactivating through Add Account (not through Setup Now), please?

Please, follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, to reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mvwabc
    mvwabc Member ✭✭✭
    @Quicken Anja, I followed your instructions above and deactivated and reactivated one Financial Institution that has a single account associated with it and uses Express Web Connect (EWC).

As background information, I have 14 Financial Institutions with 40 associated accounts that I down load using One Set Update (OSU). Of those 14 Financial Institutions, 5 use Direct Connect and 9 use EWC.

Following my update this morning, the OSU summary listed 5 Financial Institutions that all use EWC. See Screen Shot #1 in the attachment. I received no errors and it appeared that all 14 accounts were updated, even though only five accounts were listed on the summary.

After deactivating and reactivating, the OSU summary was unchanged from Screen Shot #1.

I then ran “Update Now” for the single account that I had deactivated and reactivated and got a blank OSU summary. See Screen Shot #2 in the attachment.
  • jimmcd01
    jimmcd01 Member ✭✭
    Quicken Anja: Like mvwabc, i followed your instructions above, and found no change in behavior. Please advise.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    After completing a OSU, my summary screen only displays a limited number of my accounts.  This is generally similar to what is described by others but it varies depending on what accounts were included in the request.  However if I go to Tools, One Step Update Summary all of my accounts are listed as well as the date and time of the last update for each.  Also Tools, Account List also shows the the last update date/time for each account set up for transaction downloads.  Lastly, each account register also shows similar information just below the account name.  Just wanted to be sure folks were aware of the other ways to access account update information.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• mvwabc
    mvwabc Member ✭✭✭
    @jrich75 have your Financial Institutions been converted to the new EWC connection method where the Password Vault shows “Not required” in the “Password Stored” column?

@Quicken Anja, after seeing jrich75’s post, I see there is additional information I could have provided that might be helpful –
    - The Tools/Account List shows only the accounts of the five EWC Financial Institutions that were on the OSU summary with date and time in the “Last Updated” column. The accounts for the Financial Institutions not listed on the OSU summary show “Not Available” in the “Last Updated” column.
    - In the account register, only accounts of the five EWC Financial Institutions that were on the OSU summary have the date and time just below the account name.
    - In the “Download Transactions” section of the account register, all accounts show the “Last download on MM/DD/YYYY” with the MM/DD/YYYY field completed with the date of the last OSU. The words “Last download” are a link to the OSU summary implying I should find the details of the download on the OSU summary, but for nine accounts there is no information. Also, even accounts were there was an error and no download occurred show with the date of the last OSU.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I've been on the "Not Required" system for EWC passwords for a while now.  

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• mvwabc
    mvwabc Member ✭✭✭
    @jrich75 - Thanks for your reply to my question.

@Quicken Anja - I think my problems with download dates and times not showing as I previously viewed them before the changeover to no password being required for Express Web Connection may be solved.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Quicken and did a One Step Update, the various places that should show the data for last update showed the following:
    1. One Step Update Summary showed all 14 of my Financial Institutions.
    2. Account List showed 13 of the Financial Institutions with the correct date and time. One Financial Institution (Alliant Credit Union) still showed “Not Available” in the “Last Download” column.
    3. There were download dates and times shown under all of the account names except the two accounts associated with Alliant Credit Union.
    4. In the “Download Transactions” section of the account register, all accounts show the “Last download on MM/DD/YYYY” with the MM/DD/YYYY field completed with the date of the last OSU date.

Then, I ran an update now for Alliant only. The OSU summary showed only Alliant. Items 2 – 4 above were unchanged.

Then, I ran Reset Account for one of the Alliant account. The OSU summary then showed Alliant and my five Direct Connect Accounts. Items 2 and 3 above were corrected to show Alliant information. Item 4 was unchanged, but it looked OK before.

Then, I reran the OSU for all Financial Institutions and the download data all appeared I previously viewed it before the changeover to no password being required for Express Web Connection.

I am hoping the above steps actually solved my problems.
  • Oliver104
    Oliver104 Member ✭✭
    I too have this issue where all my Direct Connection accounts do not get a 'last downloaded date' so don't show up in the OSU summary.
    - I do not use cloud sync
    - I only use Quicken on a single computer
    - Quicken was using the QCS channel
    - Windows 10 version of Quicken, Quicken 2020 Premier R30.14, with current subscription (I'm not sure which Quicken update I was at when it first started, but I think it was in October, matching when this thread started.)
    - Deactivating/Reactivating through the Tools->Add Account... instructions didn't help (https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20136067/#Comment_20136067)
    - Switching to FDS channel didn't help (https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20136981/#Comment_20136981)
    - I have reported the issue via the Help->Report a problem menu command
  • mvwabc
    mvwabc Member ✭✭✭
    After several days of getting complete download information, I am now only getting the download information for Express Web Connect financial institutions. No information for Direct Connect financial institutions.

My Quicken is using QCS channel.

Are others still having the problem? Anyone think they have a solution or have update information on this issue?
  • Oliver104
    Oliver104 Member ✭✭
    @mvwabc my accounts were still not getting an updated last downloaded date when performing a OSU. Yesterday, December 20th, I followed your suggestion from another thread and reinstalled Quicken. I then loaded my existing Quicken data file and all my accounts got an updated last downloaded date when performing a OSU. I've run OSU twice, on the 20th and 21st and both times all my accounts (both Web Connect and Direct Connect) have gotten an updated last downloaded date.

I assume something outside my Quicken data file was being reset through the re-installation of Quicken allowing the accounts last downloaded dates to be updated. I hope it doesn't get corrupted in a few days stopping my Direct Connect accounts from getting a last downloaded date (and thus not showing in the OSU summary.) I'll post again if it does stop updating.
  • vicdbrwski
    vicdbrwski Member ✭✭
    Oliver104 - Thanks!
    Your method seems to be working for me today as well. I uninstalled and reinstalled Quicken and now (at least twice) am receiving clean OSU's, with al accounts listed in the OSU Summary. So, not a problem with the data file, but something in the installed program file??
  • Oliver104
    Oliver104 Member ✭✭
    @mvwabc Today, December 29th, after 8 days of OSU working fine I have experienced a problem. The OSU update worked fine (it downloaded the transactions for both Direct Connect and Web Connect+ accounts) but the OSU summary only showed the Web Connect+ accounts. But if I unselect the 'just last update' checkbox it shows all the accounts and that the dates on the Direct Connect accounts are updated with the current date (so different from before when the DC accounts didn't have a last updated date.) And some of those DC accounts did have transactions downloaded (still it should have shown them whether there were transactions or not when the 'just last update' checkbox was selected.)

I'm attaching images that show the OSU summary with the 'just last update' checkbox toggled.
This discussion has been closed.