Interest Not Categorizing as "Interest Earned" on Reconciliations

This is an online account where I download transactions, but which I reconcile manually to a monthly statement. I would like for my interest credits to show in "Interest Earned" on my reconciliations and not "Deposits and Other Credits", but I cannot figure out how to make that happen!
Tagged:

Answers

• Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    @catjsum To control the description of payees in your register after you download transactions, you need to setup or change your Renaming Rules so that they are recorded as you wish.

Additionally, you need an entry in your Memorized Payee List for that transaction, so that it is categorized accordingly.
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10 Pro
  • catjsum
    catjsum Member ✭✭
    @Rich_M thank you for the suggestion! I did try that with my October statement, but is there something specific I need to rename it as? I tried "Interest Earned", as that's the name of the category but it still didn't populate to that line item. Is there a default Interest Income line that perhaps my predecessor deleted? I'm thinking maybe since I'm not choosing our specific interest line, that's why it's not working?
  • Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    @catjsum You can rename the payee to whatever you like, however you must have a matching entry in your MPL, with the category you want to use.

You must make sure your renaming rule works first, then it will be categorized from the MPL, by matching that name.
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10 Pro