bill paying question about "Enter as Paid"

I have quicken premium version R29.22 build 27.1.29.22. In Bills and Income I received an updated bill, already paid it online through the biller website, so in the Bills and Income I selected "Enter as Paid" and the bill for that month disappeared from my Manage Manual Bills and Income listing and is not debited from my bank payment account. If I'm in error I would appreciate procedural advice moving forward and would also like to know if I can cancel that "Enter as Paid" selection or am I left to do a manual entry for this month with that biller? Thanks

Comments

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @leggo

Thank you for taking the time to share your question with the community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

The "Enter as Paid" option is intended for use with bills that you are tracking in Quicken, but have maybe forgotten, or don't wish to enter the reminder in the register when the bill was paid.

For example, if a bill was paid directly from your checking account on the biller website or mailed check, etc.  Quicken doesn't know and won't automatically enter the reminder in your checking register as an uncleared transaction.
    (**Caveat: Unless you have the reminder setup to auto-enter in the register, but if a reminder is set to auto-enter, it shouldn't have the option to be "Entered as Paid"**)

By the time the cleared bill payment transaction downloads from the financial institution, the reminder in Quicken will show as overdue or past-due, but if you enter the reminder then, it will create a duplicate transaction in the register, showing the bill was paid twice.

The "Enter as Paid" option is available as a means to clear the reminder, without creating another transaction in your register.  Selecting Enter as Paid tells Quicken that the bill was paid and clears the past-due reminder without duplicating the transaction.

Unfortunately, once Enter as Paid has been selected, there is not a way to undo it, other than restoring a backup copy of your data file.  To move forward, I would recommend either restoring a backup or manually entering the payment transaction in the funding account register.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know if you have any further questions/concerns on this feature.

Thank you again,

Sarah
  • leggo
    leggo Member ✭✭
    Thanks Sarah that helps, my error.
This discussion has been closed.