What is happening re a solution to the failure of Quicken to update several stock prices?

Options
Hello,
I am a long-time user of Quicken for Mac (since the 90's). And with VERY few problems over the years. (Many years with no updates and no problems....)

HOWEVER, I now have at least one stock price (EPD) that is not updating. And, I have read that significant numbers of other users are also experiencing problems with stock prices not updating.

What changed? Please FIX this.

Thanks,
Bill VL

Best Answer

• Bill VanLoh
    Bill VanLoh Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    After more searching, I found this answer, below. Still, I have to ask, why was this change made, which caused problems for so many users? It is frustrating...

Bill - Longtime User of Quicken for Mac

Hello @coffeepotgrounds and @Dwight105 

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize for any frustration that this has caused.

This is a known issue and is currently being investigated it has been discovered that this issue is due to a recent change in getting price updates.

Securities with incorrect details were causing errors that slowed down updates so at this time only securities of the type 'Stock" an "Mutual Fund" will update.

You may work around this issue by navigating to Window > Security list and editing the types to be a stock or mutual fund.

We are currently investigating this issue to provide a more permanent solution.

Thank you for your patience.

-Quicken Tyka

Answers

• Bill VanLoh
    Bill VanLoh Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    After more searching, I found this answer, below. Still, I have to ask, why was this change made, which caused problems for so many users? It is frustrating...

Bill - Longtime User of Quicken for Mac

Hello @coffeepotgrounds and @Dwight105 

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize for any frustration that this has caused.

This is a known issue and is currently being investigated it has been discovered that this issue is due to a recent change in getting price updates.

Securities with incorrect details were causing errors that slowed down updates so at this time only securities of the type 'Stock" an "Mutual Fund" will update.

You may work around this issue by navigating to Window > Security list and editing the types to be a stock or mutual fund.

We are currently investigating this issue to provide a more permanent solution.

Thank you for your patience.

-Quicken Tyka

This discussion has been closed.