How can I merge investment accounts

Options
Currently I have a Quicken account for each TR Price mutual fund. Price has newly introduced an overall investor account that I can use to manage all my mutual funds at TR Price. Is it possible to merge each of the existing accounts into a single quicken account?

Best Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I would add to NotACPA's guidance -- if applicable, rename the account receiving shares from the others so that is not referencing the security name it used to be limited to.  Make sure for yourself by its name that it is clearly now a more comprehensive account.  

Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I would add to NotACPA's guidance -- if applicable, rename the account receiving shares from the others so that is not referencing the security name it used to be limited to.  Make sure for yourself by its name that it is clearly now a more comprehensive account.  
  • tonyvanw
    tonyvanw Member ✭✭
    Options
    NOTACPA - This is my understanding of your description - I will be moving the current share balance but no the history. If this is correct, it will be quite difficult to maintain an accurate record of capital gains by lot.