One step update/cloud change removed 141 transaction categories?

All my bank accounts are messed up. The cloud update removed categories from 141 transactions and changed the book balance to negative on all my bank accounts. tried restoring yesterday's backup twice now. It asks if I want to replace the cloud with the backup and I say yes.. But it doesn't matter?? I need help please.!!!

Best Answer

• lekealluns
    lekealluns Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    support resolved the issue thanks for referring to them. to answer the question. i have the subscription version.. but it apparently didn't update correctly. Once they ran a program to upgrade my version we were able to restore back up and have it work correctly.

Answers

• lekealluns
    lekealluns Member ✭✭
    Also changed reconciled transactions from R to C? This is going to be a challenge to manually correct. The date range appears to be from mid-August to the present. It is not all transactions. It is predominantly transfers from one account to another, paper checks that I wrote, and Venmo payments for Customer invoices.
  • lekealluns
    lekealluns Member ✭✭
    How do I get Quicken support? Not happy about this... I don't have hours to manually fix this and hope...
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    @lekealluns , access to Quicken support is at the top of the window that you posted this.  And here it is the link:  https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    just for info..... what version ..... Help --> About Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• lekealluns
    lekealluns Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    support resolved the issue thanks for referring to them. to answer the question. i have the subscription version.. but it apparently didn't update correctly. Once they ran a program to upgrade my version we were able to restore back up and have it work correctly.
This discussion has been closed.