I don't have "allow paying with Check Pay" on the Add Bill Reminder screen

I'm using Quicken Premier for Windows (up-to-date). I'm trying to set up a check pay payment. However, I don't have "allow paying with Check Pay" on the Add Bill Reminder screen. I looked at the tutorials but they all show this. Also I can't find any screen that says Payment Accounts For Quicken Bill Manager. I have looked at the Set Up Quicken Bill Manager screen many times but I don't see this. It wants me to add a online bill which I have done and I've added a manual bill more than once but can't seem to set up a payment account or enable check pay. What am I doing wrong?
Thank you.
Tagged:

Answers

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Have you clicked the gear icon in the Bills & Income tab?  There should be a Payment Accounts link under it.  That should bring up the the Payment Accounts for Quicken Bill Manager screen.  Highlighting a checking account should allow you to enable it for Quick Pay and Check Pay (the later requires trial deposits & verification).

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• LandofCope52
    LandofCope52 Member ✭✭
    Thank you.
    Yes, I checked the gear icon in Bills & Income. This is the list I see there:
    View History
    Combine Bills, Income & Transfers
    Show memos for bills
    Manage Online billers
    Validate Online billers
    Validate Payment Account
    Manage Bill Email Alerts
    Set up Quicken Bill Manager

When I select Validate Payment Account, I get a little box that says Payment accounts are in sync.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    If you still see Set up Quicken Bill Manger, you may not have completed the payment account setup that is part of it.  Try going through it again, there should be a process for setting up payment accounts for Check Pay.  

Quicken user since 1995

• LandofCope52
    LandofCope52 Member ✭✭
    When I select Set up Quicken Bill Manager, I get a window that says Manage, track and pay your bills with 2 choices at the bottom, Add online biller and I'll do this later. I've done both choices. When I select I'll do this later, the window disappears and I'm back to the Bills list. I've also selected Add online biller and did that and also selected it and then entered a manual bill and still I don't see anything about account for quick pay or check pay nor option for quick pay or check pay for a bill. The last option I see for a biller is Print check with Quicken. I'll guess I'll have to continue writing checks, which I don't like. :-(
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    You may need to contact support.  Once you complete the Bill Manager set up process the gear menu options changes to "Payment Accounts" rather than the Setup QBM you indicate. So it seems you have not fully completed the set up.  Have you been able to authorize any accounts for Quick Pay?  If so, you should have seen:

Quicken user since 1995

• LandofCope52
    LandofCope52 Member ✭✭
    I think you're right, I need to contact Quicken support. I have not authorized any accounts for Quick Pay; actually haven't seen anything on Quick Pay or Check Pay. I'll contact support tomorrow and I'll report back. Thanks to you and all who responded.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    One additional thought.  Check the Account List under Tools.  Your checking accounts should have the Set Up Bill Manager option in the Online BIllpay column.  My QBM payment accounts indicate they are already set up but some other accounts show a set up link that takes me to Payment Accounts for QBM window.

Quicken user since 1995

• LandofCope52
    LandofCope52 Member ✭✭
    Thank you, thank you, thank you. This is what I missed. I don't recall seeing that anywhere. I didn't know I had to do that and I was pretty sure I missed some set-up somewhere. I did what you mentioned and I had never seen those set-up screens before. Now I have started the check pay process and when I see the 2 small deposits and reversals, I'll be able to finish the account verification and I should be able to use quick pay and check pay. Thanks again jrich75! WOW!
  • LandofCope52
    LandofCope52 Member ✭✭
    hi jrich75! Do you know if there is any way to include an attachment with a check sent from check pay? I want to use Check Pay to pay a property tax and the county requires a payment coupon. Thanks!
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    hi jrich75! Do you know if there is any way to include an attachment with a check sent from check pay? I want to use Check Pay to pay a property tax and the county requires a payment coupon. Thanks!
    No, I don't know of any way to do that.  I'm not sure I would rely on Check Pay for property tax payments anyway.  I typically write the check and mail it myself because the late payment penalties can be large.  

Quicken user since 1995

• LandofCope52
    LandofCope52 Member ✭✭
    Good advice. I'll think I'll follow it. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.