Why, when opening Quicken after three weeks not using are 20 years of memorized Payees missing?

walbal88
walbal88 Member
The other day, I opened Quicken after three weeks of not using it. The application did it's normal update, and now 20 years of memorized payees is missing.

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest restoring a backup.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • walbal88
    walbal88 Member
    Thanks
  • Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @walbal88,
    Sorry to hear that you've had a bit of difficulty.
    In addition to what @Greg_the_Geek recommended, you might also check to see that your Quicken software is up to date (Help > Check for updates). If need be, update your software.
    Next, File > File Operations > Validate and Repair. Check the box to "Validate file" > OK. After the Validate and Repair completes, you will get a pop-up box - Is there anything noted that needs your attention, or is damaged, or corrupted in the data file?

And just to check - you are not trying to run your Quicken software nor the  Q data file off any sort of network nor cloud service, right? Trying to run Quicken - which was expressly designed to run off your local hard drive - off a network or cloud service could be problematic. (Saving a copy or backup of your data file to a cloud service is fine though.)
  • walbal88
    walbal88 Member
    Well, you caught me - sort of... I have been running my Quicken data file from a shared network drive for at least 5 years without issue. But, when I began experiencing this issue I copied the file to my hard drive and there was no difference.
    I'll try the repair you suggested.
  • Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @walbal88 - I'm only trying to help you resolve the concern, not catch you at something.
    In this case, you might declare victory ("I ran my Quicken file off a non-supported network configuration for five years, and only once did something go squirrely. Victory for walbal88!") and going forward, only run your data file off the local hard drive please. In this way, we try to eliminate opportunity for other squirrely outcomes, yes?