Update reoccurring payee address

Options
Honest to God I have spent time looking this up and it seems like a mess!!
I purchased a house on contract. The person I bought it from retired and moved to Florida. I need to update the address on the reoccurring checks I print. I am remarkably amazed by how complex it is to complete such a simple task!!! Please help

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    @Ahmed

Okay, thanks for that additional information. Have you tried updating the address in the Quicken Address Book?

Go to "Tools Menu" > "Address Book" > select the Payee Name in the Payee column and then click the Edit button.  You should be able to change the address there.

Let me know how that goes,

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Ahmed

Can you tell us how you are making the "payments"?  Is it through Quicken Bill Manager?

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Ahmed
    Ahmed Member ✭✭
    Options
    It is set on bill reminder. Then I add it to the register and print a check. The address gets printed and at some point during the setup the original address was added. I can't remember how all that was setup :-)
  • Ahmed
    Ahmed Member ✭✭
    Options
    It's a debt account associated with a rental property under Property and Debt and the appropriate property is listed under Rental Property. Just incase that helps any.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    @Ahmed

Okay, thanks for that additional information. Have you tried updating the address in the Quicken Address Book?

Go to "Tools Menu" > "Address Book" > select the Payee Name in the Payee column and then click the Edit button.  You should be able to change the address there.

Let me know how that goes,

Frankx

• Ahmed
    Ahmed Member ✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Options
    OMG!! I have been searching for this for a month. Not one single tutorial online had this simple fix. The guy on the support had be delete the entire account and the reminders and we still didn't change the address.

Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.
This discussion has been closed.