Error created by latest update

deriter
deriter Member ✭✭✭
After updating to R30.14 this morning, when downloading a webconnect file I get an error message that quicken is already running. I closed quicken then tried again and the download file started quicken. This has never happened before and shouldn't happen.

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @William Evans

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issues you're having. I was reading over the thread and it seems like you're running into a couple of issues overall since the recent update here. It may be best for you to contact Quicken Support instead as you may need extensive troubleshooting done in order to have this successfully resolved. They also have the ability to screen share with you (if you feel comfortable doing so) and will be better equipped to help you accomplish and set up what you need.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    reboot your computer and see if it happens again..... it may not have anything to do with the update. 
  • deriter
    deriter Member ✭✭✭
    @Mark1104 Tried rebooting. Since Quicken doesn't normally allow multiple downloads on the same day from the same account, I tried a different account. This time got an OL-221-A error. I have never used a webconnect download from that account before so I am not concerned at the moment. Then I tried a webconnect download from the same account that caused the initial problem. It did not attempt to restart Quicken but it also did not do anything else. I click the downloaded file and... nothing. No error, no dialog box, no highlighted Quicken taskbar icon. Just nothing happened. I will try again tomorrow when I can experiment with the two accounts from which I normally download via webconnect downloads.
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    do you mean two separate 'files'? Quicken maintains multiple 'accounts' (e.g. bank,. credit card. investments, etc.) in the same *.data file.
  • deriter
    deriter Member ✭✭✭
    @Mark1104 Don't understand your question. Some institutions with which I have accounts don't play well with Quicken update. I have to go to the institution website to download (or "export" as some call it) my transactions. This downloads a *.qfx file which I then click on. Clicking the qfx file produces the same results in Quicken as if I had done an "update transactions." Except that today, after the Quicken update, it didn't work.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @William Evans

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issues you're having. I was reading over the thread and it seems like you're running into a couple of issues overall since the recent update here. It may be best for you to contact Quicken Support instead as you may need extensive troubleshooting done in order to have this successfully resolved. They also have the ability to screen share with you (if you feel comfortable doing so) and will be better equipped to help you accomplish and set up what you need.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.