The budgeted amounts in various subcategories frequently change "spontaneously".

Options
IAHawk
IAHawk Member ✭✭✭✭
I am using Version 5.18.2 (Build 518.35919.100) on OSX El Capitan.

Recently I've noticed that the amounts I've budgeted for some subcategories change. I haven't discerned any pattern and it's very annoying. I correct them when I see them, but it keeps happening in different subcategories (although some may have changed more than once). Has anyone else experienced this? If there's something I'm doing wrong I'd sure like to know what it is.

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I have not personally seen or heard of budgeted Goals changing. There isn't any automated way for this to happen as you have to manually go into your budget and Edit it if you wish to change a Goal.

The only thing I can suspect is if you have Mobile/Web Access enabled (even if you don't actively use it.) Perhaps some erroneous data in the cloud keeps getting synced back, and that changes your desktop version.
  • IAHawk
    IAHawk Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion. It was enabled and I have occasionaly looked at Quicken on my iPhone, but I've found no real use in it for me. I'm turning it off and we'll see what happens
  • IAHawk
    IAHawk Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here's a status report on my issue with spontaneous changes in budget goals display. I turned off Mobile/Web Access on Dec 3. There have been no reoccurances of goal changes since. That's 3 days. I have my fingers crossed.

I'll provide another update in a few more days.
This discussion has been closed.