Capital One transactions stopped downloading as of Nov 18, 2020.

mbrophy
mbrophy Member ✭✭
My Capital One Transactions have not downloaded since 11/18/2020. When I do the One Step Update, it shows "Processing Data", and then it goes away. There are no error messages. The transactions just don't download.

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    mbrophy said:
    Thanks for the comments. I reset the account and many more transactions were downloaded creating a new problem with an incorrect balance. I had to restore from a previous backup and ended up in the same place. Right now I am manually downloading the transactions. I will do this through the end of 2020 when I plan to use Quicken for MAC. Everything seems to be working properly on the MAC.
    Downloading duplicate transactions of what is currently in the account register is not an uncommon issue during a Reset or Deactivate/Reactivate process but it does indicate that a bad download connection was fixed.  And when it happens it is usually just a 1X occurrence and is pretty easy and fast to correct provided the transactions in the register prior to the Reset or Deactivate/Reactivate are marked properly.
    1. Before doing Reset or Deactivate/Reactivate:  Make sure all transactions in the  are Account Register marked as Reconciled ("R") or are left uncleared (not "C").
    2. Do the Reset or Deactivate/Reactivate and Accept All transactions that are downloaded so they are entered into the Account Register as Cleared ("C").
    3. Review the recently downloaded "C" transactions (dated more recently than your last download and perhaps up to a week before that) and mark the ones you want to keep (that are not duplicates) as Reconciled.
    4. Click on the "Clr" column header to sort the Account Register by Cleared/Reconciled status.
    5. Left click on the first "C" status transaction in the Register.
    6. Scroll down to the last "C" status transaction in the Register and while holding down the Shift key left click on that transaction.  Now all your "C" status transactions should be shaded.
    7. Right click anywhere on the shaded "C" transactions and click on "Delete" and then click on "Yes".  All your duplicate transactions should now be deleted.
    8. Click on the Date column header to sort the Register by date.
    That's it.  Your account should be back in balance.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    I had a similar issue recently.  I Reset the account and the issue was resolved.  If you haven't already tried that, you might want to do so.

• mschindl
    mschindl Member ✭✭
    This seems to happen every couple of days that the account need to be reauthorized.
  • mbrophy
    mbrophy Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the comments. I reset the account and many more transactions were downloaded creating a new problem with an incorrect balance. I had to restore from a previous backup and ended up in the same place. Right now I am manually downloading the transactions. I will do this through the end of 2020 when I plan to use Quicken for MAC. Everything seems to be working properly on the MAC.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    mbrophy said:
    Downloading duplicate transactions of what is currently in the account register is not an uncommon issue during a Reset or Deactivate/Reactivate process but it does indicate that a bad download connection was fixed.  And when it happens it is usually just a 1X occurrence and is pretty easy and fast to correct provided the transactions in the register prior to the Reset or Deactivate/Reactivate are marked properly.
    1. Before doing Reset or Deactivate/Reactivate:  Make sure all transactions in the  are Account Register marked as Reconciled ("R") or are left uncleared (not "C").
    2. Do the Reset or Deactivate/Reactivate and Accept All transactions that are downloaded so they are entered into the Account Register as Cleared ("C").
    3. Review the recently downloaded "C" transactions (dated more recently than your last download and perhaps up to a week before that) and mark the ones you want to keep (that are not duplicates) as Reconciled.
    4. Click on the "Clr" column header to sort the Account Register by Cleared/Reconciled status.
    5. Left click on the first "C" status transaction in the Register.
    6. Scroll down to the last "C" status transaction in the Register and while holding down the Shift key left click on that transaction.  Now all your "C" status transactions should be shaded.
    7. Right click anywhere on the shaded "C" transactions and click on "Delete" and then click on "Yes".  All your duplicate transactions should now be deleted.
    8. Click on the Date column header to sort the Register by date.
    That's it.  Your account should be back in balance.

This discussion has been closed.