Suntrust changed password requirements. Quicken has failed to follow

Suntrust changed its password rules in October to REQUIRE a special character in the password. Quicken for Windows FORBIDS special characters in the Suntrust password. This problem must be fixed....
Tagged:

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @EvansWitt

You  said:
    Quicken for Windows FORBIDS special characters in the Suntrust password. 

Actually, Quicken allows certain special characters but does not allow these:
     the ampersand (&), left carat (<), right carat (>), backslash (\), and forward slash (/).

Does the password you want to use have any of the above characters in it?  Are you sure that it isn't your bank that is forbidding the password you want to use?  

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• EvansWitt
    EvansWitt Member ✭✭
    When I try to set up the connection to Suntrust, I use my existing Suntrust password that I use to log on to Suntrust via their website. So I know that the password is good (I use a password manager to minimize my operator errors!) The password has a special character but not the forbidden ones you list. I get an error screen from Quicken that say, among other things the password "Cannot contain special characters such as punctuation." Since SunTrust requires a special character, this an endless loop of error. Sigh.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @EvansWitt,

Sorry to hear that you are still having  issues.  You might try using the # sign for the special character requirement.  I've used that before in Quicken passwords successfully.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• EvansWitt
    EvansWitt Member ✭✭
    :) Thanks! I will try that...
  • Matthew Guerreiro
    Matthew Guerreiro Member ✭✭✭
    Frankx: I tried using the # symbol, but it didn't accept it. The rules state Must consist of letters and numbers, Cannot include special characters or punctuation.
  • Matthew Guerreiro
    Matthew Guerreiro Member ✭✭✭
    See the screencap below.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matthew Guerreiro said: The rules state Must consist of letters and numbers, Cannot include special characters or punctuation.
    Hi @Matthew Guerreiro

So I am confused - the original poster said Suntrust requires a special character (which was the jist of his problem) but your screencap indicates that "special characters such as punctuation" aren't allowed.

Which one is correct?  Have you tried not using special characters and does that work?

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.