Quicken playing tricks with Bank of America bill pay

Options
I've come across the following situation which has now occurred four times in the last month.

I pay bills through Bank of America with Quicken's "bank bill pay", using "direct connect".

When the payment is scheduled, my Bank of America checking register will reflect a check number with a lightning bolt. If the payment is to an institution with online services set up through Quicken, I process it as a transfer. The checking register will display the "to account" in the category field and the pay account will display my "Bank of America checking" in the category field. I also record the check number in the "to account" reference number field.

What is occurring is that running One Step Update the day after the payment results in the following:
-the payment completely disappears from the Bank of America checking register
-the payment in the "to account" register is edited changing the payee and the
category. The payee will display something like "Thanks for the payment" while the
category is changed from the Bank of America Checking account to the payee's
account.
-the payment in the "to account" receives a "cleared" status
-the payment in the Bank of America checking account is downloaded as a new
payment

The first time this happened, I researched, validated my file and checked restored files just to make sure that the payment was there. Since then when it occurs I just edit the "to account" transaction to reflect a transfer.

This last two times this occurred with a Barclay Card credit card account and a Dell Preferred account.

I am running Quicken 2020, version R30.14, build 27.1.30.14 on Windows 10 Home.

Best Answer

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Are you syncing with Quicken mobile & web? If so, turn that off in Preferences and see whether that results in an improvement.
    I, too, make payments via B of A Direct Connect and have never seen your symptoms. I also stay away from Quicken mobile & web sync.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Are you syncing with Quicken mobile & web? If so, turn that off in Preferences and see whether that results in an improvement.
    I, too, make payments via B of A Direct Connect and have never seen your symptoms. I also stay away from Quicken mobile & web sync.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• lbsunbum
    lbsunbum Member ✭✭
    Options
    I do use Quicken Mobile & sync. Have had issues with it previously. I will avoid it and we'll see if the problem re-occurs.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.